Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker Aux Cruiser, Opinions Please

Hello All,

Recently found this one on E-Stand and would like to verify it is a good Juncker. The finish isn't quite as bright as it appears in the pictures with the flash. Yes, there are remnants of some sort of cleaning paste in the cracks and crevices. The finish has a slight "pitting" all over - not quite the look of a cheap casting, but there nonetheless. There is a "blob" (high point of excess material) on the right side of the sail.

All opinions are welcome. Hopefully, this is a keeper.

Thank you,

Eric
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Hinge
      Attached Files

Comment

Closeups
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Eric,

I'd say definitely an original Juncker. These vary a lot in the amount of surface detail it seems, so it's hard to tell how much of that is from wear vs. the original striking. I think the pitted texture is also normal but wait for Martin to chip in.

Best regards,
            ---Norm

Comment

Hi Eric,

Norm is spot on, as usual. These can vary significantly in strike details. It may actually be attributed to die wear over time as I have seen these with very nice details and then some with really soft details. I agree with Norm, it's an original Juncker and in decent shape.

The "pitting" is something to always look at and you have to remember that we are really magnifying the images much larger than an inspector would look at (quality control wise) just having it in-hand.

Tim

Comment

Hi Eric,

there is not much more that i can add to the comments posted by Norm and Tim.

A good original badge and i really like the "blue" finish on the globe on this particular piece.This type of finish is not always seen on many Juncker HK's.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Thank you Tim, Martin and Norm!

Any suggestions on removing the paste from the crevices? I was planning to use a soft bristle toothbrush and maybe some light gun oil...

Eric

Comment

Might I suggest getting advice from collecting and safe keeping guys like Paul and others before "treating" or "cleaning" .
                    Hate to see a bad reaction and end up stripping the finish or causing damage to this award.
                    Just my two cents.

Regards,
                    JustinG

Comment

NĂ­ce Juncker

Andy

Comment

Eric,

Just a little warm water with that soft brush should do the trick. Dry it well afterwards and you should be okay.

Tim

Comment

Excellent badge!

Comment

Originally posted by dc9 View Post
                            Thank you Tim, Martin and Norm!

Any suggestions on removing the paste from the crevices? I was planning to use a soft bristle toothbrush and maybe some light gun oil...

Eric
                            Hi. Absolutely NO gun oil! As already stated, water and a soft toothbrush. Regards, Ron. P.S. I would not clean it.
                            Last edited by Ron P; 01-31-2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X