KM 1st model reverse rivet w/ crosshatch top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM 1st model reverse rivet w/ crosshatch top

Could that possibly be frosting in the port holes below the flag in the back? Maybe brasso?
    Last edited by juoneen; 01-23-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Comment

I havent taken a shot of the pin top yet.(same as in the schwerin thread on naval badges), except seldom seen on a 1st model e boat, instead that style hinge pin is more commonly found on sub badges. Im not sure , but it seems most pins are put in with top to top, but this one is bassakward,(top of pin at bottom) and also has the cross hatched top to the hinge pin, which is unusual to see the hatch top hinge pin on this particular badge, so it must be unusual at least). I will try and get a shot later today to show details of the pins top hatching.
        Last edited by juoneen; 01-23-2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                  Could that possibly be frosting in the port holes below the flag in the back? Maybe brasso?
                  Hi juoneen,

I think there's a good chance that is residual frosting as opposed to Brasso. The adjacent wreath still has some residual gilding and the brass areas have an aged tone and don't appear to have been polished.

Best regards,
                  ---Norm
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here are your photos with a bit of colour correction applied. Certainly looks like a nice original.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice badge.

Your images would be much better if you took the shots in natural sunlight, flash off, macro function on. You can make a type of shadow box with anything white--like the top of a banker's box and move it around to mninimze the shadow effect.

Place your camera on a pile of books or tripod, steady hand, and there you go.

John

Comment

S-boot

Hello,
                        Nice badge that appears to have been cleaned.

Jody

Comment

Sorry about the bad shots. I all i had was a florescent light and it changed the looks. I will try a different light to take the pin shot. Thanks for the tip, and heres the great article i misquoted . http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...adges+schwerin

Comment

Last edited by juoneen; 01-23-2011, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X