Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper Thoughts

Hey all
    Just wondering if this is a good one or not. From what I have read in the minesweep thread, I wanna say its a Schwerin type 7 but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks for your comments in advance.

Cheers
    Brian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wiegert; 01-18-2011, 10:26 AM.

More Pictures

Hinge and Clasp
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brian,
      Your zinc unmarked minesweeper badge is a nice and genuine example of so called Idar-Oberstein obverse design. This variant is known as ‘Straight wave’, produced by unknown maker, possibly Sohni, Heubach & Co, Idar-Oberstein.
      Kind regards,
      Hubert

Comment

Hubert
        Is the straight wave harder to find and rare or is it a pretty common badge? Basically the reason for asking is, I paid $125 for it and just wondering if I got a good deal or I got ripped off.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Brian,
          It is reasonably common variant but in such nice condition as yours not easy to find. The price you've paid is a good deal IMO.
          Cheers,
          Hubert

Comment

Hubert
            Thanks for the reply. Any one else care to comment?

Comment

I agree with everything Hubert has said. 5.3.1 in the classification. (It's fun to see how our classification system is catching on!)

The maker remains unknown but an interesting feature is the catch which opens to the left in contrast to most other badges opening to the right. This is also a feature of the SHuCo solid zinc IABs.

Best regards,
              ---Norm

Comment

Thanks. I was looking at the 1st page of that thread and that's why I thought it could have been Schwerin but wasn't sure. I can't believe after all these years the maker is still unknown for the most part. Especially when the Germans were great record keepers and one would have thought they would have documentaion on all badges by all makers.

Comment

The problem is that many of the factories relocated, or were bombed, or went out of business.

Comment

It's a nice badge and in good condition too. I'm a bit puzzled though - is it 5.3.1 or 5.2.1?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                      It's a nice badge and in good condition too. I'm a bit puzzled though - is it 5.3.1 or 5.2.1?
                      My bad. It's 5.2.1.

---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
                        My bad. It's 5.2.1.

---Norm
                        Thanks Norm,
                        I thought I'd missed an updated chart.

Comment

So did i

Comment

I meant type 1 earlier in the thread, but I have been corrected anyway. Thanks to all who made a comment on my badge.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X