• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems very raw, but who knows

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
      Tom,

What Kriegsmarine marked Juncker badge are you referring to if any?

John
      Hi John,

I was referring to the Juncker mark on we find on many LW & Heer badges (Pilot, Observer, Glider, Para, Heeres Flak, Heeres Para, etc.). Juncker is known to have used the same exact mark on their LW and Heer badges, so it may be theoretically possible that they also used it on some of their Kriegs badges as well IMO. Just more of an observation on my part, since the mark looks similar based on these pics.

Tom
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Does this bring back any new hope or is it a definite NO? hehe

At least all new information contributed in the last posts is interesting. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Banziger View Post
          Does this bring back any new hope or is it a definite NO? hehe
          Hi Marcel,

I don't think so. While a closeup of the maker mark would tell us for sure its an exact match to other Juncker badges, it is also known that the Juncker mark has been faked almost to perfection..

Couple this with the fact that the reverse hardware on your badge doesn't match anything else Juncker produced and the sloppy look to the badge and cutouts all speak very negatively about the badge. Personally, I wouldn't throw it in the garbage, but I would only by it as a novelty item to keep for study and for the possibility of other evidence showing up in the future.

Tom
          If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
          [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Thomas!!

Instead of throwing it away I prefer to keep it as reference material. Having bad ones makes it perhaps easier to find all differences between these bad ones and good ones. And noticing these differences results in identifying originals out of the fakes much easier. At least that's what I aim for

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X