U-Boot Abzeichen help wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boot Abzeichen help wanted

I need some help on my U-Boot Abzeichen which I have for quite some time. I've been reading all threads on these Abzeichen here on the forum for the last couple of weeks plus I bought some books about Kriegsmarine medals yet still I need some help from experts for a final conclusion on my medal. After all, it takes years and years of experience and not a couple of weeks of reading so all help is very much appreciated!

I hope these pics are ok enough?! Thanks to all for help and any input, it is much appreciated!!

And merry christmas, enjoy the holidays!!!!!

Marcel

And I forgot to mention that all sizes and weight are exactly as mentioned in "A collectors guide to: the Kriegsmarine" by Christopher Ailsby.

Comment

No pictures, chief.

Comment

No pics? I can see all 5 pics on my screen without any problem!?

Comment

Now I can see them. The badge is not good I´m afraid.

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Thanks! Even though the bad news hehe

Can you tell what's wrong so I know for future purchases?

Comment

Hi Marcel,

These badges remain controversial and have been discussed many times including this thread which contains links to 3 other threads.

It's not known whether they're period or not but it doesn't help matters when they show up with bogus maker marks like this one.

Best regards,
              ---Norm

(your pics)
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                    It is a repro IMO, especially with this weired Juncker mm.
                    Cheers,
                    Hubert

Comment

would not be one for me

Comment

It's easy to say the maker mark is fake, but the harder question remains are all these U-boats fake, including the usual wide pin variant? Nobody can say for sure, one way or the other...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated!!
                          I had a bad suspicion already when I couldn't find Juncker as being one of the makers in Christopher Ailsby's book about The Kriegsmarine but even though it's a fake I'm now glad to know for sure because I don't wanna have fakes in my collection. I'll just keep it as reference material now.

Comment

Hi guys,

Interesting badge, but I would also tend to think that its not original.

The Juncker mark mark actually doesn't look to bad, very similar to originals. However, I really don't like the look of the reverse hardware, especially the hinge. Not something Juncker is known to have used.

Also notice how soft the reverse edges look, just reminds me of a poor quality casting.

Another inconsistency is that Juncker is known to have marked most of their early, tombak badges (LW Pilot, Glider, Para, Observer, etc.), but very rarely ever marked their later-war, zinc-made badges. For some reason, they seems to have stopped adding their maker mark to most of their badges around 1941/1942 with the switch to zinc, so finding a Juncker maker mark on a zinc-based badge should always raise a red flag.

Tom
                            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Tom,

What Kriegsmarine marked Juncker badge are you referring to if any?

The Juncker mark mark actually doesn't look to bad, very similar to originals
                              John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X