Fll 43 coastal artillery badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fll 43 coastal artillery badge

It seems to me good, safe in the catch of the needle and you, that thinks?

I'm not sure what to conclude about this one. Certainly not textbook with that catch plate and I've never seen an FLL with a gilded reverse like this one presumably is.

The rest of the badge looks okaybut the problem with a one-off like this is you're left wondering if it's an unusual variant or someone's post-war repro. I'm not taking sides but just thinking aloud...personally I'd wait for a textbook example.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

(your photos)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 12-23-2010, 09:31 AM.

Comment

uploaded from host server
      Attached Files

Comment

atypical catch with catch plate and gilding...
        Attached Files

Comment

I think the badge is fake! This badge a handwork of the African hero. Hi`s got similar on hit site.
          Mike

Comment

Hi guys Im with Norm on this one a hard one to judge. It does have the die flaw associated with this award but these day that can mean very little. Dont care for the reverse and the eagle appears to lack the crispness of an FLL. The strange texture in the detail is often a warning sign for me. Colour looks aliitle off also (more yellowish) but that could be the pictures. All taken in consideration would not be one for me. Maybe a better frontal shot and a side view if possible would help.All the best

Comment

Looks like Staegemeir work indeed.
              Kind regards,
              Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

I agree with Mike and Giel, this one has Staegemeir fingerprints all over it.

Tom
                If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hi guys,

When in doubt, just take a look at Staegmeir's site.......there are others EXACTLY like this one! No doubt this is a Staegemeir production

Tom
                  Attached Files
                  If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                  [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                  Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post
                    Hi guys,

When in doubt, just take a look at Staegmeir's site.......there are others EXACTLY like this one! No doubt this is a Staegemeir production

Tom

Wow! Thanks, Tom. I've marked some arbitrary areas but certainly the entire pattern of "bubbles" and imperfections (which should be a random effect) exactly match on the two examples.

Best regards,
                    ---Norm
                    Attached Files

Comment

What is important to note I think is the fake "bubbling" that fakes are showing these days. This is not hard to do, I believe all they have to add is some grit to the finish to make it look like a bubble, when it is really just material under the dots.

So the bubbling, especially on the U-boat frontspange, needs to be looked at very carefully and not by any means is a measure of authenticity.

With this badge, the entire badge was aged apparently to dupe a collector into thinking it was a period piece.

Here is a period mark from this maker between the two fake badges.

John
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some minor differences in the 43, but not a lot to go on from first glance.

John

Comment

Hello all,

So is this considered a Staegmeir as well?

William Kramer
                          Attached Files
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                            Hello all,

So is this considered a Staegmeir as well?

William Kramer
                            Hi William,

No, that one looks just fine.

Best regards,
                            ---Norm

Comment

Hi William,
                              I agree with Norm, the badge you posted is fine original
                              Cheers,
                              Hubert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X