Opinions please on u-boot badge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions please on u-boot badge.

Apologies for the bad pictures, but these are the only ones the seller send me.

Hi Looks ok to me, fresh solder under the hinge and to the left of that (as viewing) what looks to be a crack so could indicate repair (unless its the pics) here mine to compare. All the best

Comment

copies of these are getting better, so viewing by hand is always recommended.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrg View Post
        Hi Looks ok to me, fresh solder under the hinge and to the left of that (as viewing) what looks to be a crack so could indicate repair (unless its the pics) here mine to compare. All the best

I don't see the crack but my eyes are old.

I think the solder you are referring to, is actually just an surface impress mark from the hinge being closed, and what you're seeing is the base metal showing through. At least, that's what I am seeing.

Looks okay to me.

Tim

Comment

Hi Tim so are mine.
          At the end of the line that I have marked looks like a crack but could be just shading or a trick of the camera the silver solder looks alittle fresh to me but you could be right about it just being the hinge mark, pictures are distort images. All the best
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mrg; 12-19-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Oh yes, I see what you're referring to now. Hard to say without having it inhand; could be a crack or just a surface scratch. Trying to see if that mark also goes around to the frontside as well. You might see a line on the left side (looking from the front of the badge) in the same general area.

Would be enough to ask questions and for better PIC's (close-ups) of the area in question.
            Tim

Comment

Looks period to me. However, much better examples can be found from this maker.

John

Comment

Thank you all gentlemen,

The reason i asked about this one is, like MRG already mentioned, is that GWL badges are faked a lot.

I am awaiting a reply from the owner regarding the spot. I know there are better pieces then this, but i only want it for display purposes for my U-95 collection and for 75 euros i couldn't let it go.

As soon as i hear from the seller i will inform you guys.

Thanks again.

Comment

Fluffy,

Is your name Adrian by chance?

Tim

Comment

@ Tim: you are correct signor.

Here are some close ups from that area on the badge.

Comment

Hi Adrian!

Nice to see you here! I was surprised when I read "U-95 collector" and thought it must be you, or we were going to have to start a club with yet another person!

Badge looks good IMO. The surface mark does appear to be from the hinge foot and I don't see an actual crack, so it may just be a surface scratch. Congrats!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim B. View Post
                        Hi Adrian!

Nice to see you here! I was surprised when I read "U-95 collector" and thought it must be you, or we were going to have to start a club with yet another person!

Tim
                        As i recall, Eric-Jan B also has some U-95 stuff. Maybe he can join the club and we can all wear silly hats and talk about u-boots all day long.

Anyway, thanks for the input regarding the uboat badge.

Adrian.

P.s. i got some new Martin B. photographs. His son allowed me to make some photocopies of them. Also three postwar pics.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X