No announcement yet.

Uboat RS for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The badge from Stefano is a 100% Staegemeir product.

Javi, can you take some close ups of the catch and hinge (with open pin) from your badge? Yours is most likely the original being used to copy the piece!
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

As it turns out, a parallel discussion on GCA includes two postings of Staegemeier U-boat badge reproductions with the identical "vaulting" marks!

This hobby certainly requires constant vigilance!

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

of course Giel,

here are some more pics, sorry but its dark day today and there is no much sun light, i have cleared a bit with photoshop.
        clic on the photos to see bigger.

Comment

Would still be nice to see a close up of the hinge and catch on Stefano badge front and side, although the extra pics dont bond well,interesting thread all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mrg View Post
            Would still be nice to see a close up of the hinge and catch on Stefano badge front and side, although the extra pics dont bond well,interesting thread all the same.
            Agreed so here you have some pics of the hardware...
            The light has gone here but i think i did some pretty decent shots.
            Best,
            Stefano
            Attached Files

Comment

and the catch
              Attached Files

Comment

and from the side
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stefano can I say excellent photos but unfortunately can I say hinge, catch and rim etc (little trademarks misssing) is not what i would expect to see on an R.S. Unfortunately my opinion is . Sorry. All the best

Comment

Originally posted by mrg View Post
                    Hi Stefano can I say excellent photos but unfortunately can I say hinge, catch and rim etc (little trademarks misssing) is not what i would expect to see on an R.S. Unfortunately my opinion is . Sorry. All the best

Well I'm starting to back down as well. Having just spent some time staring at a zillion images of Souval badges, I agree with Gary that there's something not quite right about the look of the hardware compared with known wartime examples. And there seem to be a bunch of these now showing the very same reverse surface flaws with a consistency not seen in other Souval badges. I fear that combining these observations with the fact that there are known Staegemeier reproductions of this sort from his site now makes all badges with this setup and these markings suspect until proven otherwise.

There's even a strangely crusty one seen in this thread earlier in the year which can be seen to have the same vaulting lines, and the question was asked at that time why a faker would strive for this effect. Perhaps the answer is to make one of these badges look like that to give the entire line the appearance of legitimacy and sell the minty ones?

Regards,
                    ---Norm

Comment

I just posted it over there. Thanks for digging it up. (no pun intended)

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X