3 Badges -opinions please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Badges -opinions please :)

Hi I Pretty sure these badges are good , but i'd like to hear yours opinions (just in case regards M2
    http://images47.fotosik.pl/311/bdb4e61cb8aaf27c.jpg
    http://images50.fotosik.pl/312/7323c99503fa571b.jpg

Kriegsmarine Destroyer, U-Boat and Blockade Runner

posting so images don't die-
    Attached Files

Comment

reverse angle
      Attached Files

Comment

Dont like the Destroyer or Blockade Breaker, U-Boat looks like a K&Q. All the best

Comment

Hi firstly can I just say this is just my opinion. The destroyer has a few points that I dont like, the reverse wreath appears to be lacking in detail, I do not like the catch or the hinge plate as on most of the wh I have seen they are more circle like. The mm looks strange, no visible dot between the W and what appears to be part of an H which in its self looks strange. Unless its the pics the finish looks wrong for a W.H. The Blockade breaker for Souval is controversal, dont like the cutouts or the reverse set up. Right of the L/58 mm on the rim of the eagles head looks like a casting line? Like I have said this is just my opinion, others might like them, lets see what the majority think. All the best
          Last edited by mrg; 07-05-2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Lets give the thread time to develop.

This Blockade Breaker fake has been around for quite some time, attributed to post war made badges by Souval.

In addition to the spurious maker mark, it has design problems that would indicate that it is a reproduction.

Type in L/58 in the search function and you will see the problems.

John

Comment

The U-boat looks like a K and Q. Period badge IMO.

John

Comment

Your WH is a tough one but maybe or probably OK. There is just not many of these in the database to compare. We have a couple, and you can check also using the search function.

Yours to the left, the other to the right. I do not see any way to make a call on this badge so to me, it is OK unless others have something to add that is more definitive.

There is also no way I think to say the one on the right is OK vice the one on the left. I just think it is a tough badge to call and for that reason, it is a badge to purchase with some caution--not that is or is not a reproduction, but since the information on this badge is so scarce.

John
                Attached Files

Comment

Another one, yours with the red background.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I will say that the outline detail of yours is just not very crisp. Look at the edges of the other two badges and then yours. Yours is almost round, with no indentations around the perimeter of the badge.

All that said, none of these badges look like another.

John

Comment

Another WH one from DN. Same story with the perimeter.
                      Attached Files

Comment

KM Badges

Hello,
                        I am coming in to this late but here is my two cents.

The U-boot looks fine to me. The Destroyers Badge is as John pointed out an oddball maker and not one of my favorites. The Destroyers badge may be OK, I would just like to see better pictures. The problems with it have already been pointed out.

I do not like the Blockade Runner. This type is of post-war RS design. Years ago it was 50/50 on them being period or not. Now we know.

Regards,
                        Jody

Comment

Might come down to hand finishing. Looks better from the front, but does look like real wear on it.

John
                          Last edited by John R.; 07-06-2010, 05:24 AM.

Comment

The more I look at the WH badge by martinez, I am inclined to believe it is fine.

I have my doubts about the one on the right in post #9 though. The background is strangely familiar and the lack of finishing around the mast is odd.

There is no doubt though that this maker has been copied however. Caution is advised due to the lack of information and examples available for comparison.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                            X