minesweeper badge.Maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Adrian,

Looks like a good match. Do you have the spout thickness and the badge weight?

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
      Hi Adrian,

Looks like a good match. Do you have the spout thickness and the badge weight?

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Certainly Norm,
      The spout is 4.40 thick and the weight is 30.2g.

Comment

Hi Adrian,

So your and my 1st pattern unmarked badges are much the same within tolerances, and I think your badge thickness is likely more accurate than mine since this was difficult to do with my mechanical calipers.

As can be seen, André's unmarked 2nd pattern "missing link" badge that started this thread is nicely intermediate between our 1st patterns and Lorenzo's marked 2nd pattern. Moving through the 3 types, one sees the same overall heights and weights but a progressive diminution in the weights and thickness.

I believe the "missing link" badges used the new modified obverse die of the marked 2nd pattern badges combined with the older deeper reverse die of the unmarked 1st pattern badges to produce these unmarked 2nd pattern badges. That's why we see the same reverse die oval markings in the unmarked 1st and 2nd pattern badges, and why these badges are thicker than than the marked "AS in triangle".

Thanks again.

---Norm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:24 PM on Today.

Working...
        X