Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsches Reich -- Elblotse Badge

Hello,

Here's a nice little badge i picked up a few days ago. I was told it was used by those who helped the captain to navigate in to unknown water?

I've only seen one or two of these before, only they had a needle, which is missing on this one and i find it fascinating. The owner removed the needle and made a ring on there, so that he could have a chain attached to it as a ID disc.

Someone has been messing a bit with the swaz, but it's still clearly visible and interesting.

It's numbered to 149 and 800 marked.

Anyone who know more about it?

Sorry for the photos, i can take some better ones tomorrow if requested
    DRE.jpg

DRE2.jpg

#3: Backside.

DRE3.jpg

Comment

Elblotser Badge

Hi Jon-Olav,

These were awarded to river pilots on the Elbe and I have seen a few for sale recently. I would also like to buy one but am waiting for one in really good condition and not missing anything!

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        Hi Jon-Olav,

These were awarded to river pilots on the Elbe and I have seen a few for sale recently. I would also like to buy one but am waiting for one in really good condition and not missing anything!

Stan
        Hello Stan and thank you!

I think Kai Winkler had one long time ago, with the pin and no damage. If i remember correctly the price was 1100 or 1200 euros.

Comment

We have discussed this type of badge in detail before:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=river+pilot

Hope this helps Jon-Olav and your recollection of price was correct on the Winkler site. Who knows what these goes for elsewhere as they are not that common and hard to make a price comparison.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
            We have discussed this type of badge in detail before:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=river+pilot

Hope this helps Jon-Olav and your recollection of price was correct on the Winkler site. Who knows what these goes for elsewhere as they are not that common and hard to make a price comparison.

John
            Thank you John, interesting link!

I think mine was priced to 650euro in this condition, it was also unsold on Hermann Historica at that price some time ago.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X