Schwerin U-boat badge check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwerin U-boat badge check

This is on TTW's site. Seems like a good price if it's genuine? Does it look like a good one? Thanks, John

http://www.wwiidaggers.com/24767.htm
    Attached Files

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

It´s a fake imo, I would not touch this piece.

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

Thanks Daniel. Is it because it has the large letter stamping combined with a flat pin? Or just the lettering? John

Comment

John, give this thread time to develop a bit. There are a number of issues about this badge, lets see what others have to say.

John

Comment

IMO a fake !!

Comment

I'm not too sure about the maker mark and I definitely don't like the shape of the pin.

Comment

Schwerin U-boat badges are not the easiest of badge to evaluate from pics (especially these pics where the obverse details are blurred) but for me I tend to agree, this one does not look good. For me ALL the hardware is "off" (hinge, pin and catch), I like to see the solder at the base of the catch turned black with age (at least on worn badges, which this one appears to be). What kills it for me though are some of the obverse details (eg the "trapezoid" rudder on this example, rather than square as on my early original) and the finishing - eg the keel and swas "cutouts" which just don't look Schwerin to me.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Here's the only other picture available.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tom Wittmann brought it to the OVMS show this past weekend. Joe P. thought it was a repro as well. Tom said, oh well, another badge for the repro box. I have a ton of money in that box.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X