Attached Files

-------
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
      -------
      Look good to me.

Comment

Isn't that the same hinge/pin/catch setup used on the fake RSS HSF?
        andy
        Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

Again he does an awfully good job on the details and the hardware.
          But the finish is still wonky. That brilliant oxidized silver water plume doesn't match original examples I've seen, and IMO there is a mismatch between the heavily "aged/distressed" finish on the reverse and the exceptional detail of the obverse.
          Still if you take it out of context and photograph it in different lighting it could get difficult...or easier depending on how it photographs.
          I guess weights and dimensions might help but by the time you figure all that out it might be too late and difficult to return.

Best regards,
          ---Norm

Comment

This is the problem with a reputation. Even pieces that might be good have to evaluated in context with the other items for sale. Naturally, some collectors have made great finds with dealers who have less than sterling reputations--personally, I avoid those dealers no matter what they have. Just my opinions and I know other collectors that feel that what is important is the piece they are buying--maybe they are right.

In hand, we would know very quickly what was going on with these. I admit, it does not look like zinc.

Based on a number of factors, I would avoid buying any MS badge of this maker that looks like this example.

John
            Last edited by John R.; 06-03-2010, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X