Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper Unmkd

Hey guys,

I searched the forum and believe this to be a good unmarked S&L badge. Dealer says it's in tombak. But would like your opinions
    Attached Files

Hi militarymedic,

The photos are somewhat dark and angled, and I'd like to see better closeups of the hinge and catch, but from these you seem to have there a zinc S&L with a replaced pin -- not a very pretty one I'm afraid. However, I'm not too happy about this one because the cutouts are bit off in a few places. Personally I'd pass on it unless it's really cheap.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Attached Files

Comment

I had wondered about the pin. If you think it's bad than I probably will pass on it.

Comment

It's probably a real one, just a sloppy example with a replaced pin. I think you can do better. Here's the link to one on Helmut Weitze's site right now giving you an idea as to the current highest dealer's price for these at the moment.
        https://www.weitze.net/detail/21/Min...n__119521.html

Cheers.
        ---Norm
        Attached Files

Comment

This one has got to be hard to beat. RK marked in very nice condition for $145

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/km%20%20km0104.htm

John Telesmanich is here on the WAF as John T and is a very trustworthy dealer
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Looks ok to me

Comment

Changing the topic from the unmarked S&L that started this thread, but a fair price for a typical late war zinc Rudolf Karneth, Gablonz-made minesweeper with about 5-10% of its gilding remaining I'd say.

Best regards,
              ---Norm
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X