Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navel E-Boat War badge

Hi,
    I have one more for tonigth, i am all most certin this is a fake.
    I would like you opinions on thise one please.
    Regards
    Rasmus Freudendal
    Attached Files

Hi Rasmus. It's hard to say for sure from your pictures, but I am not so certain that it is a fake, however I do notice a few things:

These RS Eboats I have seen are two types: Dark E-boat with flat talons; and Silver boats with detailed talons. I believe the dark Eboats are later-war.

Your Eboat is silver with flat talons, so perhaps yours was re-finished. Maybe its the scan, but the finish doesn't look right to me.

The pin on yours appears to be a "flat" pin, whereas they are usually round. Perhaps a replacement that went along with the refinishing. Also the hinge doesn't appear to be the correct type. The catch appears to be a flat-wire C-catch on a plate, which is OK, Unfortunately the picture is too fuzzy to say for sure.

Again, it's hard to say for sure...need better pictures. But it could be a repaired and refinished original.
    Last edited by Lorenzo Brown; 02-07-2004, 03:03 PM.
    Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

PS...you say you are most certain it is fake. Can you tell us why?

Comment

Hi,
        I will trie to post som better photoes
        Regards
        Rasmus Freudendal

Comment

Hi,
          Her is some more photoes hope they will help.
          It was just a thought when i was saying i thought it was a fake ,i dont know why.
          Regards
          Rasmus Freudendal
          Attached Files

Comment

Seeing the post-1945 pin, we can be relatively certain that it's a fake.

Yuri

Comment

Hi Guys,

If it is a fake it's really a very scary one. Compared to my RS I can't find the slightest difference in the obverse design apart from the eagles claws. Even the sloppy paint job with the silver of the ship spilling over on the wreath is correct.

However I agree with Yuri, most certainly a post war pin. Since the hinge doesn't show any finish couldn't it be possible that the pin just was replaced. The finish on the catch seems perfectly ok.

Flat wire watches are rather uncommon for RS but I have seen others.

If this is a fake and RS was just continueing it's production after the war on original dies than if they would have used the correct pin, there just is no possibility to make the difference with there pre-war products. Scary!

Here is mine to compare it to.

KR
              Philippe
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Philippe DB; 02-08-2004, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Reverse
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                  Thanks for the replyes ,i will keep it i was about to throw it out .
                  Regards
                  Rasmus Freudendal

Comment

Dear Rasmus,

I think you got the consensus wrong, actually you can throw it out! With that pin, never pre 1945. Lorenzo could not see it in your first post.
                    Cheers, Frank

Comment

RS E-boot Badge

Here are pics of the eboot badge I found this weekend. Other than having lost the gilt wash of the wreath (you can still see it faintly on the sides) this one is nearly mint.
                      Attached Files
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

the rear has the same texturing as Philippe's.
                        Attached Files
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

the MM.
                          Attached Files
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Fabulous!! These "'RS" E-Boats mystify me. There are several types:

Those with the Black boat and the flat talons on the eagle;
                            Those with the Silver boat and the well-detailed talons on the eagle;
                            And now, yours with the Silver boat and flat talons!!

They all look good to me..but I can't understand these differences!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X