Rare Make of U-Boat Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon,

Sounds great and I hope I can get a signed copy by the author!

Not to worry about me snatching badges from under you, as I just spent $$$ on two dagger books (think this is how you authors sabotage the competition--keep writing more and more books for us to buy and slowly eat away our money for badges! )--Just kidding!

Besides, I recently picked up that unmarked Zimmermann from him and have my eye on a couple more as soon as I pay off Moma's 10yr anniversary diamond .

Tim

Comment

Just bringing this to the top once again. I'm always on the lookout for original wartime material which might show identifiable types of U-Boat Badge.
      For those who still harbour doubts about the "propellor-less" Hymmen type badge with infilled solid area around the eagles neck,(and I know from correspondence that there are still some who don't believe in them) here, thanks to Roger Benders new book on Postcards is an original wartime postcard showing, not a sketch or drawing, but an actual photograph of this type badge. Proof positive, if any were still needed, that this is a valid wartime type.
      Last edited by Gordon Williamson; 08-30-2008, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Hi,

This is my mini U-boot KA by L/18.

KR,
        Roman
        Attached Files

Comment

reverse
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Roman,

Very interesting. Once again an example of the miniature capturing the design of the full size. Here is the "big brother" L/18, the mini is just like it.
            Last edited by Gordon Williamson; 08-30-2008, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X