SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Bacqueville" Kriegsmarine Badges are...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An alternative thought is these awards could have been produced for those French men who served in the German navy, to be given by the French authorities. The number employed in the German Navy was very small compared to those in the Ground forces. It is also possible that the Vichy navy could have contemplated the use of the war badges, but with the destruction of the fleet at Oran ideas changed. I am convinced of their originality, also I believe they have been copied.

Comment

I think the French badges are ok..I also think that good copies have been around for years...I remember seen a French style HSF with an Assmann "A" hallmark on the back and that bothered me and did cause me to question at least some of the pieces. All of the French badges seem to have a wreath that is modelled on that of a German made destroyer badge.

John

Comment

Have any of these badges ever appeared with iron clad provenance? In other words, have any recipients of KM awards ever had one in their possession or are all of them loose awards with no tie to a recipient?
        Richard V

Comment

I don´t know what to make of them, never liked the looks of them .

Are there any other frensh made awards then the KM ones?
          Last edited by Hans N; 09-11-2004, 04:49 AM.
          Regards
          Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
          I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Hi all

I agree with what Brian has to say.

Comment

I believe these badges have been made during the wartime...my friend got a U-boat directly from a vet and some of the other pieces I have seen can be traced to vets from years ago....but I also believe that they are reproducing these badges, including boxed examples....I have seen some that just do not look right...I also remember seeing a HSF version with an Assmann "A"...my theory was that it was either a total fake or the maker mark was added.

John

Comment

I think they are O.K but i don't like them.

Comment

I believe they are period and part of the history of the kriegsmarine presence in the bases in France. Not the best looking badges, I agree.

T

Comment

These badges look pretty scary to me and I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.

Regards ...

Comment

French produced KM badges

Hi guys,
                      For what is worth I have no problem with them. I got a so-called French made coastal artillery example from a veteran in the mid-70's, and although I eventually traded the badge (kinda wish I had it now), I can vouch that all of the other things I got from him were 100% good including a killer condition Minesweeper by Schwerin Berlin which I did keep and still proudly own.

The French produced a lot of headgear for the Germans especially for the KM, why not awards. As far as not being a picture of one, I am not too concerned with that. I am still waiting for a photo of the Flyer's Commemorative Badge to turn up and I know that badge is 100% legit. Has anyone seen a period photo of the bronze panzer badge for 75 or 100 assaults in wear?

This has been a very good thread.
                      Regards,
                      Jody

Comment

Hello to all,

The only French-made, Kriegsmarine badge I ever owned was a U-boat Badge. I always felt that it was genuine. I owned it for a good number of years, but ended up selling it about five years ago. In the years that I have been collecting, I have never noticed these badges in alarming numbers at the shows, like some of the other fakes that flooded the market. In my opinion, the French-made badges are genuine, but I never liked the obverse designs enough to actively seek out and buy them.
                        Best regards! Tom
                        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

French Made E,boat Badge Help Please

Please can some body put me right as i am a bit confused ,this thread has come a long at the right time ,thanks !!
                          I dont collect nazi items but since finding this site i think i may have picked up the bug..i have had this badge ( whats left of it )
                          many years , i have a few basic german badge collector guides and understood this was known as a French made example , i had planned to offer it on the e.stand ( for a collector who wants a stop gap until they pick up a better example ) am i correct in thinking that these are now classed as fakes ? can any one help ,many thanks ,Michael.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

so no one wants to give an opinion ????????

Comment

Hmmm, the problem is Mike that there are also fakes of the French type out there. The easiest way to spot them is the hinge setup. Yours has been removed which makes it difficult to say one way or the other if this is good.
                                For what its worth it looks kinda OK but it could also be a good casting. God knows we´ve seen enough of those!

Skip
                                LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X