X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unmarked u boat

rear
    Attached Files

looks like i ll be keeping this , before it goes back in the draw can anyone identify the maker , many thanks in advance Terry
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Terry sorry to say would not be one for me. Looks like its trying to be a K&Q . All the best

Comment

hey thanks for the reply , if its duff i d sure like to know , especially as i ve got this on e-stand , please anymore observations

Comment

more pics
          Attached Files

Comment

pic 2
            Attached Files

Comment

please guys anymore opinions on this ? if its duff well it ll be an expensive gaff for me , but i d like to know for sure
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Terry,

IMO this "could" very well be a good but worn example by Klein & Quenzer.
                Having said that,i do know that Gary (mrg),knows his stuff when it comes to U-Boat badges.
                So,if he is seeing something that i am not i would like to know myself.
                I may be wrong in my assesment here too.
                Let's hear what Gary and others say.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Hey Terry,

What's do the red splashes on it appear to be mate?
                  Cheers, Steve
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------
                  "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

Looks like polish to me.

I think it might be good, but very worn, example. The hinge assembly, from the photos, seems OK, as is the catch. Better images of the hinge from the side would help.

MRG, let us know what you see here.

Hard also to tell due to the eagle having no features at all, whereas this maker usually has a fairly well defined eagle in most examples. The chest of the eagle is gone also. This example, if period, is heavily worn and quite soft in detail. This could be explained by it being a cast fake of course. This is the problem, no detail where with KandQ you would expect a fairly crisp strike.

Well, the more I look at it, the less attractive it is. I still am not sure if it is period or not however.

John
                    Last edited by John R.; 01-18-2010, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Steve , looks like red paint !,the more i look at this -- the lack of detail , the more i m beginning to doubt ,i bought it a while ago before i joined waf , paid a tidy sum too,can t remember who i got it from but it wasn t an auction site i guess all members at some time or other know how i m feeling right now

Comment

the best i can do --- i lost my bloody glasses today
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Terry sorry Im a bit rushed at the moment, any chance of a straight on look at the Eagle, top view of the catch, and prop. My opinion remains the same at the minute, but just want to make sure. All the best and do hope I am wrong.

Comment

pin
                            Attached Files

Comment

barrel
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X