Auxiliary Cruiser badge... thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auxiliary Cruiser badge... thoughts?

'bout as good as I can do with my crappy camera...

Whaddya all think?

Comment

You should take a look at this thread.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=41027

KR
      Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe DB
        You should take a look at this thread.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=41027

KR
        Philippe
        Is the hinge structure shared by these two questionable in general, or just on the Auxilary Cruiser badges? Incidentally, the one that I posted doesn't have the lines on the back as described in that other thread - if that makes any sort of difference.

Thanks,
        --Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

No IMO it's not questionable in general and like I stated in the other thread I find it very difficult to reach a conclusion on these badges.

Because of the fact that I encountered this setup on quite a few questionable badges and for sure on some fakes I rather not touch them. But than again in such situations we all have to make up our minds based upon what we think we know and feel comfortable with.

So if you feel good about that badge and believe it to be an original than probably nobody is going to be able to contradict you.

KR
          Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe DB
            Hi Chris,

No IMO it's not questionable in general and like I stated in the other thread I find it very difficult to reach a conclusion on these badges.

Because of the fact that I encountered this setup on quite a few questionable badges and for sure on some fakes I rather not touch them. But than again in such situations we all have to make up our minds based upon what we think we know and feel comfortable with.

So if you feel good about that badge and believe it to be an original than probably nobody is going to be able to contradict you.

KR
            Philippe
            I feel a little bit better knowing that it is "iffy" instead of "absolutely fake"... It was a lucky find from a dealer at a militaria show that was selling a lot of Third Reich stuff items they bought at an estate sale, without really being all that knowledgable about Third Reich items. Overheard her talking to another vendor (one that I know and trust as much as any other dealer I've met), asking his opinion on a CCC. "Looks good to me, but you're about a hundred dollars too low in the price." Cruised around for a few minutes and descended on her table as soon as I could possibly do so without being totally obvious about it.

No intention to sell it anytime soon, but what would the market value on one of these in this condition be, if authentic?

Thanks,
            --Chris

Comment

Originally posted by landsknechte
              No intention to sell it anytime soon, but what would the market value on one of these in this condition be, if authentic?
              ...anyone...anyone?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X