Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-BOOT Clasp

Hi Guys

I brought this clasp a year ago, and i feel its right but the pin conserns me greatly, do you think this badge is a very good fake or do you think that over the years the orignal pin became detached ?

Thanks

Kindest Regards

Mark
    Attached Files

Rear of u-boot clasp

rear
    Attached Files

Comment

Rear

rear of clasp
      Attached Files

Comment

Makers marks

Makers Marks
        Attached Files

Comment

better pic of front

front
          Attached Files

Comment

Oak Leaves

Oak Leaves
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark, the catch and pin are certainly incorrect. Is the clasp made from zink? I must say I have doubts about it myself. The metal looks very shiney where the pin has cut into it. The whole thing looks like a casting to me? See the poch marks on the U Boat itself?

Search the forum for "U-Boat clasp" and you will find lots of good pics of originals.

Can I say welcome to the forum too! I realise that you are not having much luck with the badges you have posted. Is there any chance of you getting a refund on some of this stuff? If they have all come from one dealer I would be interested in knowing whom this person was too. I take it they were bought in the UK?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Not having much luck

Hi ade <O></O>

I brought the clasp on E-bay, which was a big mistake from the start, the other badges were also on e-bay but i brought them really as space fillers until i could obtain the originals. i haven’t lost to much on the other badges i posted, but the U-boat clasp cost me £155 quid, saying that most of my collection is original its only these badges that i have posted that i am not to sure about, i must say that i am indeed lacking in reference books, I have learnt the hard way, i have just ordered Mike Tuckers new books, which I hope will be a great source for reference.I brought the U-boot clasp a year ago,so no luck on getting my money back,still i guess i have learnt the hard way.

Kindest Of regards

Mark

Comment

Mark, Just £155 quid? Come on you can do better than that...there's plenty of room to go... Welcome to our club, fill in the "form" (poll) below..
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=37968

ken

Originally posted by Mauser
                  Hi ade <O></O>

I brought the clasp on E-bay, which was a big mistake from the start, the other badges were also on e-bay but i brought them really as space fillers until i could obtain the originals. i haven’t lost to much on the other badges i posted, but the U-boat clasp cost me £155 quid, saying that most of my collection is original its only these badges that i have posted that i am not to sure about, i must say that i am indeed lacking in reference books, I have learnt the hard way, i have just ordered Mike Tuckers new books, which I hope will be a great source for reference.I brought the U-boot clasp a year ago,so no luck on getting my money back,still i guess i have learnt the hard way.

Kindest Of regards

Mark

Comment

How much did you spend on fakes ?

With a tear in my eye, i manged to vote on the poll ,still things can only get better as one gets wiser, exspecially on here

Mark

Comment

Bad luck Mark, I hope these were the only copys in your collection.
                      I think our record holder for most copys up to now was poor old Marcus, but after a few months here he´s a real profi now as well.

Skip
                      LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

Mauser.
                        Try to look at the lost honor and money as something you invested in learning.
                        We have all been there. Buy some books and have a look here on this forum from time to time.

Surrender is not an option. Keep on collecting.
                        Peter Wiking

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X