This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-boat badge, MADE IN CHINA

Seems like the Chinese are making EVERYTHING nowadays. Picked this up in a plastic box marked "Made in China" on the back. Don't know if you guys have seen these yet, I don't post on this forum often, but it sure won't fool anyone I bet!
    Attached Files

Rear shot, check out the blocks!
    Attached Files

Comment

There into everything these days, nothing is sacred anymore!

Comment

One can trow with it but I do not see any other fuctions...
        Kind regards,
        Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

HMMMMM, hope there attempts dont get any better

Comment

ways to go yet

Looks like they have a ways to go yet
            Steve M.

Comment

Just give them a few years....................they'll have it down to a fine art.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                Just give them a few years....................they'll have it down to a fine art.
                Then What ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lubo View Post
                  Then What ?
                  Exactly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post

Thats what Im worried about

Comment

When it comes to producing fake ancient Chinese pottery, they have "silly tourist-fakes", "somewhat-informed-tourist fakes", "collectors-fakes" and "expert fakes".

Do not think one second 3rd reich collectibles wil be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Philipson View Post
                        When it comes to producing fake ancient Chinese pottery, they have "silly tourist-fakes", "somewhat-informed-tourist fakes", "collectors-fakes" and "expert fakes".

Do not think one second 3rd reich collectibles wil be different.
                        Korrekt!

Comment

You think the old "East Block" makes alot of fakes, just wait until the Chinese realize the $ to be made in good TR fakes. Oh boy, I don't even want to think about it....They've already nearly ruined the rare coin market with making coins often supeior to the originals. You know it's bad when one of the ways to tell a fake is when it's better than the real thing. Good luck all....it'll be here any day now.

Comment

This is really scary.

I agree, once the market is there, and there is a profit to be had; the market will be flooded.
                            This site is great to help members to determine quality, true period items from forgeries.
                            I would not be surprised that we might have a few Chinese forgers coming on line to WAF and other collecting forums, honing their craft, and making the badges to be correct and display all the little nuances and special maker trademarks and applying them to their production.

I fear that day.

Oh well.

Regards,
                            JustinG

Comment

If they wanted to they could make really good fakes in China...they have the best machinery and design equipment, often western engineered in countries such as Israel.

Keep in mind that many of the items made there are brainstormed in the west and then produced in China.

I have seen cheap copy daggers, bayonets etc that probably wholesale for less than a dollar (retailing for maybe ten) and I often wondered if they put some effort into the construction what they could come up with.

One perspective is that it is not really worth a producers time to make quality fakes and sell a few every month intent on deceiving when he can make many thousands of cheap fakes and sell them openly as what they are.

On the other hand you have western "mom and pop" operations that have no moral problem with producting fakes meant to deceive and releasing a few a month through the usual channels that are not longer suspect but evident.

Best,

J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X