help with maker of coastal artillery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with maker of coastal artillery

i have done some searching and cannot find one similar as yet.the ones i have found are not like this one and they seem to have mostly gold surround.any ideas would be great

rear pic

Comment

Hi Chris It looks like a good late war zinc one to me.I don't know who the maker is,I'm sure one of the more senior members may know. Here is the same badge,I'm not sure who's badge this is (I saved the photo from here I hope they dont mind ) I hope this helps.
      David R.

Originally posted by chris clark
      i have done some searching and cannot find one similar as yet.the ones i have found are not like this one and they seem to have mostly gold surround.any ideas would be great
      Last edited by David R.; 01-01-2004, 10:19 PM. Reason: add photos

Comment

Hi Chris,

Look on the collection's forum first page, mid way down it will be the only thread with 8,142 views ! On page 4 in some of Jan's badges there is a badge that look's just like yours.

Take a look and see what you think.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Hi Chris,

This looks like an Aurich (or the unknown "LM" maker) hinge/pin/catch assembly. There are some strange marks around the catchmound - are they letters?

Regards
          Mike K
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Dear Chris & Mike,

The setup might be similar, but it is not an Aurich (or LM). The obverse design is completely different.

Cheers, Frank
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Chris !

I also beleive that this Coastal Artillery Badge is OK .
              Dont know the maker of this badges , I had two of this , but sold one .
              Both mine was from old Norwegian Collections . On most of this "maker" of KM Coastal Artillery Badges that I have seen ( 4 ) the catch is "loos" and You can turn catch around . ( proberly from use ) .

Jan Arne

Comment

could it be an unmarked FLL as catch and pin look similar to the FLL PAB just posted???

Comment

Hi Chris !

Dont think this is an FLL , here is pics of an FLL Coastal Artillery Badge .

Jan Arne
                  Attached Files

Comment

Back of FLL Coastal Artillery Badge

Jan Arne
                    Attached Files

Comment

yes the differances with yours are very noticable.it was the catch on that PAB that made me look twice the more i look at them the catch looks the same but that dose not mean its a FLL at all.thankyou for your pic.has it ever been suggested that there are main site pages of all badges and variants that only paid up members can use as a guide/referance field and added extra rough price guides.this would take alot of work i understand but what a unique site we would have

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm a little late to this thread but still wanted to post the little I can contribute.

The pics David posted are of my badge. When I first got it I also tried to find out who the maker could have been without much results untill a couple of months ago such a badge with the Wernstein mark was posted for sale on the e-stand. I immediately saved that badge in my picture files and even if the badge didn't match other mm Wernsteins I thought I solved the riddle.

So I just wanted to post these pictures in this thread but when looked them up in my files I noticed that I couldn't recognize the Wernstein logo anymore. I really was convinced that the Wernstein logo was clearly visible in the pics I saved but probably forgot to save the close up op the maker mark.

Anyway for what it's worth I first post my badge and than the badge that was sold on the e-stand. Maybe the new owner will recognize it and can post some better pics.

These badges when looked upon from the obverse all share some common features that can't be found on CA badges from other makers.

1. The very thin gun barrel
                        2. The left claw of the eagle looks like it is broken and bend inwards
                        3. The right lower wing tip sits lower then the left one.

KR
                        Philippe
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Philippe DB; 01-03-2004, 04:00 PM.

Comment

reverse
                          Attached Files

Comment

the marked? example

Comment

reverse with smaller hinge and flat wire catch
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X