Nice U-boat badge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice U-boat badge!

I you folks could look over this badge and let me know what you think, I'd appreciate it. It was removed from by a Navy trophy team that took possession of U-234 when it was surrendered at the end of the war, according to oral family history and this article.

regards, Robert
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

2/3 view -
      Attached Files

Comment

another view-
        Attached Files

Comment

And the news article..
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi RobertE, well I could be wrong but it looks like a cross between a Juncker and an R.S. badge to me...I haven't seen an R.S. with chest like this one though it has more an R.S. head, and the rest of the obverse looks more like a Juncker to my eye...the reverse looks R.S. all the way to me...As I said I could be wrong so I'm going to wait for John R and Mike Kenny to speak on this one...interesting news clipping as an aside though as we know the badge can't be judged by that or oral history, just my 2 cents here. cheers mate, S
            Cheers, Steve
            ----------------------------------------------------------------
            "Next to a battle lost, the saddest thing is a battle won." Arthur Wellesley — Duke of Wellington

Comment

I m a little rushed so dont take as gospel but the eagles head appears more in the Deumur style. All the best

Comment

Thanks for the comments fellows.

Comment

It looks like a Deumer to me.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

That´s a typical Deumer in very good condition, on the most Deumer´s the gilding has gone...

Comment

That's great; I'm relieved it's an original! regards, Robert

Comment

Period Deumer with the gun barrel broken off on the gun mount. These are much easier to identify with a side shot of the catch.

Comment

it,s a great badge i wish i had one of those.

andre

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X