Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwerin Coastal Artillary Badge

Hi,

What is the correct kind of hinge set up for a Schwerin Coastal Artillary bagde. I have noted that there seems to be two types. I've got some pictures of a badge that I'm interested in, and it would be nice to get some views. I can't post pictures yet but can e-mail them to anyone who would like to look.

Regards & Happy New Year

James

Here are some pictures to look at.
    Tombak: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/fil...erintombak.jpg
    Zinc: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/fil...werinzinc2.jpg
    Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Hi Guys

Posting these scans for James.

IMO Textbook Schwerin zinc CAB in very nice condition.

KR
      Philippe
      Attached Files

Comment

reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

And the maker mark
          Attached Files

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for your information and assistance. Does this kind of hinge only appear on the zinc version of the bagde, and earlier versions have the "chunky" version. I don't think I have seen this type of hinge used on any other Schwerin KM bagdes, has anyone else?

Thanks again.

James

Comment

Hi James,

The hinge pictured by Philippe on his zinc badge is the STANDARD hinge for all Schwerin zinc badges (even their zinc U-boat badge from memory, excluding U-boat clasps). The "chunky" (laid-down box) style hinge is found on their earlier (tombak) badges (including the U-boat badge, even though the pin/catch is different). Any variation should be viewed with suspicion at best and is normally an indication of a repro (repairs aside).

When you become an Association Member, I suggest you check out Rob Hudspith's article on the member's only site of "wehrmacht-awards.com". The article deals exclusively with Schwerin naval badges, their hinge/pin/catch assemblies, maker marks, etc.

Regards
              Mike K

Originally posted by James E.
              Guys,

Thanks for your information and assistance. Does this kind of hinge only appear on the zinc version of the bagde, and earlier versions have the "chunky" version. I don't think I have seen this type of hinge used on any other Schwerin KM bagdes, has anyone else?

Thanks again.

James
              Last edited by Mike Kenny; 12-31-2003, 05:35 AM.
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Dear James,

If you look at Schwerin´s ZINC badges, they all share that same hinge.

Cheers, Frank
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X