Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked Hilfskreuzer

Hi guys,

does anyone have a HSK badge in their collection with the same reverse hardware as this one posted below?
    If so,can you supply weight and measurements?

Cheers,Martin.
    Attached Files

Here is the obverse of the badge.It has similar characteristics as the two piece Foerster & Barth type badges.

Cheers,Martin.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Martin Westley; 09-06-2009, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Hi Martin,
      I wish I could help. That looks like a nice Aux. Cruiser.
      The detail of the viking is really crisp. The eagle's eye, is that just accented by a scanner or other light source or is that defect shown on the obverse a true defect?

A nice piece. You have a great collection. Do you have any books yet on KM awards? I am unaware if you do.

Regards,
      JustinG

Comment

Hi Justin,

to be honest i am not 100% sure on this one right now and it is the weight that concerns me.Although the basemetal appears to be zinc it only weighs 24.3 gms.Other zincers i have of two piece construction weigh in between 29.2 and 33.4 gms,hence my original question.
        It is a little thinner that the other badges which may account for the loss in weight?
        BTW,this badge came with a COA from Detlev.

As far as KM award books go,i am eagerly awaiting the publication of Gordon Williamson's new book on KM awards,coming from Bender Publishing soon.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Interesting,

This was the first I had heard about G. Williamson's book. I believe Sascha Weber is also working on a book as well dealing with KM badges specifically.
          I look forward to that release as well.

I will keep a look out for that in the future.

Best of luck with your badge.
          Regards,
          JustinG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X