Schwerin HSF - Opinions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwerin HSF - Opinions please.

Hi, I've got a chance at this badge and am certain it is genuine but I always have great problems ascertaining the level of wear to the gilding from photos.
    I am awaiting better pics but can anyone give me their opinion on it please?

Cheers
    David.
    Attached Files
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Image 2
    Attached Files
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Image 3.

Thanks for your time,

David.
      Attached Files

Comment

I'd advise you to research this badge here: http://www.wehrmacht-association.com...erin_Intro.htm
        George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
          I'd advise you to research this badge here: http://www.wehrmacht-association.com...erin_Intro.htm

Already been there thanks George and I am sure it is genuine. It is the level of wear I'd like opinions on please.

Cheers
          David.

Comment

Hi David,

I know what you mean, certainly from poor quality pictures it's verry difficult to assess how much of the actual bright fire guilding is still left. Based upon the pictures you already posted IMO this badge is in above average condition.

Looking forward to seeing more pics.

KR
            Philippe

Comment

Yes it looks promising to me also Philippe. Thank you for your input. I can take it I have no worries regards originality then?

Thanks
              David.
              Last edited by David C; 12-16-2003, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Hi David,

From the pictures you posted I'm 95% confident that it's a good badge. The other 5% have to come from a sharp picture of the maker mark and the pin.

KR
                Philippe

Comment

More pics.
                  Attached Files

Comment

next
                    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                      Attached Files

Comment

Last one.

Still difficult to tell regards the gilding but I think it will be joining the collection

Cheers
                        David.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi David,

There is no need to have any worries about this badge. This is my favourite KM badge and this example is an absolutely original one.

Congrats, it's a very nice one .

Pascal
                          Last edited by Pascal; 12-16-2003, 02:47 PM.

Comment

David, I would agree that the badge appears to be a really nice original piece. When it comes to judging condition based on a photo, it's sometimes tough. The enclosed photo of my badge makes it appear that there's maybe 50% finish remaining. In all actuallity, the original gold only exists in trace amounts in the recesses of the wreath. Hope yours is everthing it appears to be.

Last edited by Snigley; 12-16-2003, 03:55 PM. Reason: Forgot the photo
                            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Thanks for then comments fellas, will let you know the answer when it's in my hands.

Cheers
                              David.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X