Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help w/e-boat badge

Hello everyone,

I am considering purchasing an e-boat 2nd type war badge. I can not post pictures, because it is still at the store, and the owners do not like pictures to be taken. I would discribe the hinge as a barrel type. It has a long maker mark, with "berlin" in there somewhere. Do fakes carry this mark also? The pin assembley is not of the type that widens out. It has the top pin, as the main one is horizontal. The details are good, and it seems okay. If anyone has any advice or pictures to help prove it either way, it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the lack of pictures, can't help it.
    Thanks.

In all honesty if they won't let you take photos and post them for discussion I'd be stearing clear of it mate... Unless it was super cheap with a guaranteed refund then you could take a risk but you'd best be getting pics for the guys to sus it for you... either that of take a look through the long list of all KM Badges and determine if you have a comparable duplicate, Just remember that these are very well faked and to a novice easly mistaken for a 'Good' one. There good ones out there but If your paying good hard cash I'd be cautious from the start without any pictures being offered...

Look here for good examples!!
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=232043

The Berlin you mention is a schwerin and they are faked often...

Look here for bad examples!! - http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=243532

These are pinned to the top of the forum BTW

Insist on photos mate, the guys on here have a very good eye on these matters, save alot of head ****!!!

Regards,

JustinC

Comment

DonĀ“t buy it then, the owner more than likely knows it is a fake.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks alot, guys. I'll pass on this one.

Comment

Hi LandZack, where is that shop, pm if you want

Comment

Thanks Lubo, nordmark and Trance eyes. The "bad examples" are the ones that are most like the badge in question. Those pics just confirm it. I am now sure that it is no good.

Comment

Walk away when someone feeds you a line like that. John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X