Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u-boat badge schwerin

Hello gentlemen!!!

Somebody offered me this u-boat badge marked berlin-schwerin. What do you think?? Is it real and should I buy it? What is a good and fair price? After looking through a lot of threats I think it´s a good one.

All opinions are welcome.

Regards

Geyuserrectus
    Attached Files

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Gorgeous early example, a fair price would be around 400 to 500€ I think.

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

A worn example at that. Outstanding score should you go for it. One day, when Lady Luck once again smiles I'll rebuild my KM collection.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nordmark View Post
                Gorgeous early example, a fair price would be around 400 to 500€ I think.

Regards,

Daniel
                I agree with Daniel.The badge shows wear,i think but still a nice,early un-messed with example and maker marked too.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Great looking Schwerin...I love these worn badges more than the mint stuff.

Regards,
                  Chris G.

Comment

IMO max offer price should be 400 euros or take a pass. So I agree with Nordmark.

It is an original badge, no doubt, but worn. Worn ( I mean the condition is worn down) badges are not worth as much as better conditioned badges unless, and this does not really give it that much more worth, it has provenance. Note that this badge does not have much left of the famous Schwerin finish and this is unusual--I believe it was actually in wear for quite a long time to have rubbed the gilt off like this.

I personally do not factor much into the provenance side of things so have to go with condition only.

Some collectors like more worn badges than minty badges, personal choice. However, the price is pretty much based on conditon and therefore dictates cost.

If you can get it for 400 euros max, then it is a fair deal to all parties.

John
                    Last edited by John R.; 06-12-2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Nice badge with character.

Comment

Hello folks!!!

Thanks a lot for all your answers. I´am still in discussion about the price wirh the dealer. Last price was Euro 420,--

Again thank you for sharing my problem. It´s always worth to spent my time with an dictionary to communicate with you. It makes my day and saves my money

Regards

Geyuserrectus

Comment

Why not spend some time searching through this part of the forum looking at other Schwerin U-boat badges? It would give you an idea of the finish spectrum I think--a picture is worth a thousand words, etc, etc.

Best to wait, do more research on this forum, and keep the cash in your pocket. Nothing to lose and it would be a good investment of a couple hours.

You will also discover where this badge fits into the timeline (see pin at top) among other things.

If this badge fits your collecting goals and is not an impulse buy, which it does not seem to be (by the way, we are all guilty of impulse buys in this hobby), then keep hammering at the dealer to get the price down.

Detlev sells these from time to time if you can catch his Friday sale or even on estand they come up. It takes time, sometimes a lot of time unfortunately. You usually spot them when you do not have the money and when you do, you can't find them.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X