Help needed with these Kriegsmarine cloth items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with these Kriegsmarine cloth items

Hi , i have this posted in the Wehrmacht Uniforms & Insignia Forum but now i know they are all Kriegsmarine i thought i would try you good people Here is the link http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=359523

Mark,

I have a rule that has done me well over the years. If I am ever pressured to buy anything, and I mean anything, I pass. I do not care if it is good or bad, forget it.

Nothing shown here is rare or hard to find. All of it is common and not worth the stress of a quick decision.

Soon as I hear, "somebody else is looking" or "somebody else wants it but you are first so you have 24 hours" the deal is over for me and I read a good book and keep my money in my pocket.

I know I am not addressing your question best answered over time in the uniforms section, but my advice, wait until you (a) get the answers you need or (b) tell the seller you do not want the items at this time

I have never regretted this iron clad rule.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
      Mark,

I have a rule that has done me well over the years. If I am ever pressured to buy anything, and I mean anything, I pass. I do not care if it is good or bad, forget it.

Nothing shown here is rare or hard to find. All of it is common and not worth the stress of a quick decision.

Soon as I hear, "somebody else is looking" or "somebody else wants it but you are first so you have 24 hours" the deal is over for me and I read a good book and keep my money in my pocket.

I know I am not addressing your question best answered over time in the uniforms section, but my advice, wait until you (a) get the answers you need or (b) tell the seller you do not want the items at this time

I have never regretted this iron clad rule.

John
      Hi John , thanks for the tips , i am on the hurry up so too speak , but it is a sort of friend who has them & he had already told this dealer he had them as he could'nt get hold of me last night when he got them , so this is why it is a sort of rush because my friend needs some cash but would rather me make an offer & have them than the dealer , hope this makes sense .

Comment

Yes it does. I would take a pass since you do not have the answers you need on the insignia and uniform forum.

You can wait and the stress is off. Everything here can be found with no problems right here on estand over time.

John

PS--what is the bike? I thought you folks on that side of the pond would have a Brough Superior?

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
          Yes it does. I would take a pass since you do not have the answers you need on the insignia and uniform forum.

You can wait and the stress is off. Everything here can be found with no problems right here on estand over time.

John

PS--what is the bike? I thought you folks on that side of the pond would have a Brough Superior?
          Thanks again John , it's a 1450 Harley Davidson softail standard , i could'nt afford a Brough Superior especially as i collect TR stuff which just eats up your cash

Comment

Lawrence of Arabia Brough Superior, the one he died on most probably. John
            Attached Files

Comment

What a restored one looks like today. John
              Attached Files

Comment

Well,now that we are completely off topic .Another photo of Lawrence.Apparently,he had a few Brough's and was very good friends with the maker.A different liscence plate on this one.
                Man,i would love one these bikes.

Martin.
                Attached Files

Comment

Recommended reading.I picked this up at the National Motorcycle Museum in Brum.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X