Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets talk about rating badges/insignia.

Greetings,

I have a general question, The naval badges and insignia. I recognize the designs. I have several references, I have been seeing these items often and I am trying to ensure that I don't end up purchasing any post war insignia. How do you folks know if you are buying a true example of the Kriegsmarine and not a later Bundesmarine patch.

I see that ebay is constantly selling these insignia, I have not purchased any of these examples because I believe them to be post war.
    It was brought to mind that these rating badges were not worth the thread to make forgeries but I guess I was wrong.

Please share some insight on how one can ensure a accurate piece of history and not a forgery in this field.

Regards,
    Justin G.
    Attached Files

Lots of lookers, No responses?

Regards,
    Justin G.

Comment

Hang on ...give the troops time to respond. most of the dark naval patches i have had.. had metal insignias attached. On the white versions i dont rightly know...i dont give much value to german navy patches, but i have some ive got from estates with other original stuff i know are originals. Dont know if any of them are the same as you have here, as collecting navy ratings just happens is boring to me . I use the rule of thumb with german navy patches...if they are cheap i buy em, if not i pass. But on e bay id pass altogether. Wait till you learn more before you spring for them. Gotta be a navy patch nut here somewhere.

Comment

heres some similar that are real

Comment

the back closer to see if they are similar.

you might want to post the backs of the ones you show here. Heres the back of a white one, different patch, but this one still has the factory tag on it. Good luck.

Comment

The back of the black trade badges.
            Attached Files

Comment

The back of the white.
              Attached Files

Comment

No problem to let this thread run here, however, the better forum would be over in the uniform and insignia forum. This is their area more than KM Badges.

I suggest you start a new thread there to cover all your bases for this area of collecting.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X