KM Collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Erik,

besides the Schwerin,who are the makers of the three HSK badges in post 28?

Cheers,Martin.

Comment

Here's another one: named white tunic to Oberleutnant Heinz Geissler, U-390.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Westley View Post
        Hi Erik,

besides the Schwerin,who are the makers of the three HSK badges in post 28?

Cheers,Martin.
        Martin,

From left-to-right: unmarked tomback (and heavy!) B.H. Mayer; unmarked, well-worn tomback Juncker; marked zinc Souval.

Best,

Erik
        sigpic

Comment

Erik,

i had a feeling the one on the left was a tombak Mayer.You are a lucky man,i am still looking for one of these.I do have a zinc Mayer,marked L/18.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

It is very, very nice to see quality KM material posted here! This branch has been neglected by too many for too long. Nice KM uniforms are every bit as rare as nice Panzer or SS.

Comment

Leroy,

Nice Konteradmiral uniform! The eagle is nicely executed in celleon and bullion. Is it named?

Thanks also for showing your other reefer jacket and white cap.

Best Regards,

Erik
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                It is very, very nice to see quality KM material posted here! This branch has been neglected by too many for too long. Nice KM uniforms are every bit as rare as nice Panzer or SS.
                I agree Leroy.I do not collect uniforms,headgear,etc,i just collect awards and photographs,but i certainly enjoy looking at,and admiring them.

Regards,Martin,

Comment

Thanks, Erik! The Konteadmiral is Heinrich Ruhfus, former Kommandant/Oslo and Kommandant/Toulon. Captain of the NIOBE at the time of her tragic sinking (still commemorated by the German Navy on July 26 of each year) and captain of the Konigsberg, also at the time of her sinking. He was court-martialled (and completely exonerated) after the NIOBE incident. Count von Luckner (the "Sea Devil" and former captain of the NIOBE) testified on Ruhfus' behalf, saying that there "was absolutely nothing" Ruhfus could have done to prevent the sinking, which claimed the lives of 69, including 50 cadets considered the "flower of the new Navy". Ruhfus was considered the "Mr. Chips" of the German Navy and was a much-beloved figure. His wife, following the NIOBE tragedy, almost had a nervous breakdown, as many of the lost cadets had spent weekends at the Ruhfus home.

Comment

Late entry...

Hi Guys,

With Jody's guidance I've managed to put together a few myself.

Regards,
                    Stu
                    Attached Files

Comment

2/2
                      Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely knockout Stu.High quality pieces,all.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Something to aspire too

cheers

Justin

Comment

Great collections I see here thanks for sharing! Here is my small fleet!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful collections being posted.

Comment

Here are some of my U boat badges.

I must update this photo though as I have added about another ten u boat badges of various makers since

and yes, the bottom left badge, as we look, is apparently a boat made job that came with a denaz GWL I bought. I have no firm providence but thought i would add it to the picture anyhow.

cheers

dave
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X