u-boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u-boot

Hello all, what do you say about this one? Is it ok?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Sergey
    Hello all, what do you say about this one? Is it ok?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sergey,

Looks like a nice unmarked C.F Zimmermann (L/52) to me.

KR
      Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe DB
        Hi Sergey,

Looks like a nice unmarked C.F Zimmermann (L/52) to me.

KR
        Philippe
        Hi Philippe, I have seen the old threads about Zimmermann U-boot badges and I must to say that the badges have a few different types of pin system. What do you think about that fact? fakes?

Comment

Looks good to me, I cannot see anything that screams "fake" at the moment.

Skip
          LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

-

Be careful! They make really, really good fakes of this badge. I can´t give you any details, but I have seen excellent copies. The only warning I got was the feeling as I held it in my hand. Couldn´t point out any details.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig
              Be careful! They make really, really good fakes of this badge. I can´t give you any details, but I have seen excellent copies. The only warning I got was the feeling as I held it in my hand. Couldn´t point out any details.
              Hi Ludwig. is that fake, which you mean, was discused at this forum? And If anybody else know anything about excelent fakes of Zimmerman U-boot badges, let me know.

Comment

Here is an original with needle pin

Although it is very difficult to see on the scan, it has the original owners details scratched into the metal Btsmt Wohl??? M40307, which I believe is U-1058 (A lucky Boat which survived the war and was handed over to the Soviet Navy where it served as S-82)

Thomas Huss also had a nice needle pin example on his site recently with provenance to a named U-Boat crewman.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Williamson
                  Here is an original with needle pin

Although it is very difficult to see on the scan, it has the original owners details scratched into the metal Btsmt Wohl??? M40307, which I believe is U-1058 (A lucky Boat which survived the war and was handed over to the Soviet Navy where it served as S-82)

Thomas Huss also had a nice needle pin example on his site recently with provenance to a named U-Boat crewman.
                  Hello, but which type of the pin was used for Zimmermann u-boat badges? I see that on the pics, posted by me, the badge is very similar, but only with another pin system.

Comment

Hello,

The back of one of mine.

Regards

Michel
                    Attached Files
                    Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Originally posted by Michel
                      Hello,

The back of one of mine.

Regards

Michel
                      So, I dont understand anything. IS it possible that one and the same maker used three types of the pin? I think it is very strange. Or this is normal?

Comment

Sergey,

Zimmermann used both types of pin. This is quite common. Funcke & Bruninghaus also did this. Their U-Boat badges can be found with the mark L/65 and a wide pin, but also unmarked with a needle pin.
                        The badges posted by you, Michel and myself are all Zimmermann type.

Comment

A second of mine with the 'L/52' mark.
                          Attached Files
                          Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X