pic4
        Attached Files

Comment

Very

Very nice original,wish I had it!

Comment

A Beauty for sure.

Comment

My first reaction is not 100% convinced, mainly because of the standard of workmanship on the makers name details. However i haven't seen many of these badges up close so I have nothing to compare it to. It certainly looks a nice badge.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ravrick View Post
                My first reaction is not 100% convinced, mainly because of the standard of workmanship on the makers name details. However i haven't seen many of these badges up close so I have nothing to compare it to. It certainly looks a nice badge.

Rick

Hi Rick,

There is nothing wrong with this one, a nice text book badge. I don't know how long you have been collecting but I think you need to study a bit more otherwise i beleive you may be taken by some fakes.

Generally it is often the fakes which have the perfectly aligned and shaped lettering not the originals. This is certainly the case with any Schwerin naval badge where the makers marks are always uneven.
                Regards, Rob
                Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Hi Rob,
                  Thanks for pointing that out, I have been collecting on and off for many years, mainly Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe badges and yes, I have been caught out a couple of times. Once when i ignored the old saying, if it looks to good to be true, then it is to good to be true! the reason I questioned this badge is I remember once reading that, due to german high standards, the quality of their badges never dropped. even late in the war, but the quality of the metal/material did.
                  Once I am allowed to display pictures i have one or two Schwerin badges that i would like a second opinion on.

Cheers, Rick

Comment

A nice original. No zinc pest !

Comment

Looks just fine to me!

Comment

What a nice bagde.

When a i se it i,ll get that "want" feeling...

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by ravrick View Post
                          Hi Rob,
                          Thanks for pointing that out, I have been collecting on and off for many years, mainly Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe badges and yes, I have been caught out a couple of times. Once when i ignored the old saying, if it looks to good to be true, then it is to good to be true! the reason I questioned this badge is I remember once reading that, due to german high standards, the quality of their badges never dropped. even late in the war, but the quality of the metal/material did.
                          Once I am allowed to display pictures i have one or two Schwerin badges that i would like a second opinion on.

Cheers, Rick
                          Hi Rick,

You are correct in saying that the quality never dropped, this statement refers to the sharp detail on a die struck badge as opposed to cast copies. The manufacturers mark on Schwerin badges was made up of individual letter stamps assembled together rather than whole words made as one piece hence you will never find the letters perfectly aligned.

Look forward to seeing your badges, if you have any trouble posting just email them to me and I can post for you.
                          Regards, Rob
                          Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Lovely authentic badge in an incredably good condition. Hard to believe ones still turn up like this which makes the suspicion understandable.

Markus

Comment

Thanks for you comments guys... Please read the text down under..

Thanks for you comments guys... I am Very Happy about you comments and like the Badgets very much, but I´am not Marine Collector, and I am thinking off selling the U-boot Spange.... Give me a PM. if you should be interested, or maybe I will put it on E-stand Best Regarts From Denmark/Ravenstein

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X