U Boat K&Q Minty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U Boat K&Q Minty

Hi guys at a local show picked up this beauty, at first when I saw it I immediately thought refinish and walked passed. Then after walking around aimlessly looking at 3 fake F.O, 2 Fake mm junkers and 1 fake deumur I went back for a proper look. Checked it over and over with a glass an can find no evidence of a refinish at all. So came to the conclusion that its is its original finish. Never come across an K&Q like this before. Well what do you guys thinks not the best of pics again, but thats me. All the best
    Attached Files

The reverse, have to say I am really pleased with this one best example I have ever come across and I have been looking for ages. A nice replacement to my other one. Hope you agree
    Attached Files

Comment

goodness!

Comment

Hi mrg,

I have never seen a Klein & Quenzer with such a nice finish. Always a bit of a concern when you are dealing with a zinc badge. However, this finish looks completely original to me. Great find!

Best regards,
        Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I love it It´s your fault i can´t sleep this night because of this beauty

Comment

Hi guys thanks really pleased with this one the detail so crisp and fine, just wish my pics would do it justice.

Hi Tom would agree so unusual to find one in this condition spent ages searches for evidence of a refinsh as i could nt believe it, but found nothing when I got home I checked it against the finish with some of my other u-boat awards and it is in keeping with them.What can i say but well pleased. All the best

Comment

the usual found finish

Comment

and the back , they are twins , except better finish

vey nice badge Mrg

Comment

K&q

Hi MRG,
                  Very nice!

Jody

Comment

Wow!What a badge!

Comment

Super nice badge Mrg, what a shine!
                      Cheers,
                      Brian

Comment

Thanks guys . now all I have to do is find an L13 in the same condition, wonder how many years that will take

Hi juoneen, nice, notice that they both have the same marks on the catch, so there are more out there retaining a good portion of the finish. All the best

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X