Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ships in my harbour

Hi everybody.

Today these two beauties arrived. I´ve bought them from private. Hope I didn`t pay to much. Somebodys granddad died. I think they are both real. If not I can give them back. All opinions are welcome. It`s a bit funny for me that one man earned the destroyer and the u-boat badge. What do you think, is that possible?
    Attached Files

Back of the destroyer
    Attached Files

Comment

Uboat
      Attached Files

Comment

Back
        Attached Files

Comment

Both are great originals. I think it could be possible that he got both badges, perhaps he served first on an destroyer and then on an u-boat ?

Comment

Thanks Alex. I thought the same. Maybe the destroyer sank and he had to go to the U-boats. Is the U-boat a Zimmermann???

Comment

nice badges

Comment

I agree, both appear to be nice originals - great additions!

Yes, definitely a possible combination. Later in the war, as the major surface fleet was reduced by attrition, more and more sailors went into U-boats (they had "attractive"/elitist recruiting drives - and better pay for more danger!) and smaller surface units qualifying for the Minesweeper badge. In later war photos it's not uncommon to see combinations of 2 badges, normally involving either a U-boat or Minesweeper Badge.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Two very nice finds The U-Boat is posibily a Zimmermann or Mayer but it is definately in their style and hard to find, very nice

Comment

Thanks a lot, to all of you and your opinions.

Many regards

Geyus

Comment

Congrats! Both badges are very nice and in great condition. I would say the u-boat is a Zimmermann IMHO.
                      Tim

Comment

KM Badges

Hello,
                        Great badges and yes the combination is possible (I have seen it before).

Regards,
                        Jody

Comment

Excellent badges! Two Kampfabzeichen? No problems! Some got four!

Comment

Again and again, thank you very much for all of your opinions. I´am new member of this forum, but I can say this is the best forum of all. Here you can get opinions ( good or bad ) from all over the world. This forum is THE MUST for collectors. I was a fool not to join earlier. So I would have spared a lot of learning money.

Many, many regards to all of you all over the world.

Geyuserrectus

Comment

Hello there,

Some really nice badges.

William Kramer
                              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X