Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this one good?

Hi there,
    I have been offered this one, what do you think?
    A little help would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Files

backside

Here a look at the back
    Attached Files

Comment

S-boot

Hello,
      To begin with the reverse picture is not clear, but the badge is good. However, the pin and catch have been replaced.

Regards,
      Jody

Comment

Jody is imo spot on - a genuine example with replaced main pin and repaired catch. A bit hard to check the top hook from the pic though.

Regards
        Mike
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the words!
          What would be a fair price to pay for such a "repaired" piece of history?

Comment

Value?

Hello,

It is said that "Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder". To a person intent on collecting all variations of those it may be worth far more than to a collector who only wants one for a representative piece in a display. As I don't know the focus of your collection it's impossible to say what it's worth is with certainty. However here is a link to a section of Barry Turk's site. There you will find several to compare.

http://www.emedals.ca/catalog.asp?country=GRN

There will of course be a difference between collector to collector price and dealer price but it will get you started. I suggest you check out a few of the other reputable dealers before making an offer on a repaired piece.

Regards,
            Stu

Comment

Hi again,

Looking at this one a bit more closely, I see that there have been two holes drilled in the waves. I now have a suspicion that this badge was mounted somewhere and that the hinge may also be a replacement.

Re value, hard to say - possibly in the 100-200 Euro range?

Regards
              Mike
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

S-boot

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
                Hi again,

Looking at this one a bit more closely, I see that there have been two holes drilled in the waves. I now have a suspicion that this badge was mounted somewhere and that the hinge may also be a replacement.

Re value, hard to say - possibly in the 100-200 Euro range?

Regards
                Mike
                Hi Mike,
                I took a closer look after you wrote this and I see the holes as well. This now might better explain the replaced pin and catch (possible post-war).

I will say this, a badge like this to me is really not in collectible condition. I would pay no more than $125 for a badge like this and it would be a very hard re-sale.

Regards,
                Jody

Comment

Thanks

Stu, Mike and Jody,
                  Thank you for your comments and valueable knowledge. It is not my area at all, and I appreciate your honest opinions. I will pass on it and rather wait for a nice one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X