Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper-Assmann fake????

Hi folks!!!

I have here a heavy bend tombak Minesweeper from assmann. The funny thing is that the markers mark is punched into the medal. I know that assmann did not produce a lot of minesweepers. Does somebody know more about assmann minesweepers??? All opinions are welcome. Please help. Do I have a fake???

Regards
    Thomas
    Attached Files

Picture of the back
    Attached Files

Comment

Makers Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Another picture
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Thomas and welcome to the forum!

From what I can see, the badge appears to be a tombak example retaining decent finish. I think it's been cleaned, giving it a false waxy/cast appearance from the reverse. The hardware is known from other originals but those badges are normally unmarked (possibly Juncker's). From what I can see of the obverse design, this is not the known Assmann design. As such, I'd suggest that the maker mark has been added - possibly wartime (if you use the "Assmann outsourced some stock from another maker to fill an order" line of thought) but probably post-war to increase value (everyone loves a maker mark after all!).

Regards
          Mike
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks a lot Mike. Other opinions to that badge???

Comment

Looks like a Original Minesweeper badge with a bogus Assmann stamp on it. Thats how a Original Assmann Minesweeper should look like.
              Attached Files

Comment

Strange one. Looks like the type attributed to Juncker with a bogus MM. Personally I would need to see better scans before making a conclusion on originality, though. Any chance of a brighter scan with a white background?
                Cheers,
                Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X