Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with KM name!!!

Guys,

Hello, This might not be the correct forum for this, but I thought I would give it a try. Can anyone out there help me with who this guy KM officer was or direct me to a place where I can find out.

I bought a KM naval sword with this guys name etched in on the scabbard throat and it also has his intitials on the hilt and on the blade as well.

Man's name: Hans - Jurgen Hellriegel Kptlt. 1.4.43

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Regards, Grant

Hi Grant,

Maybe this is what you are looking for.
    Info taken from ubootwaffe.net

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

<table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#dddddd"><td valign="top">Hellriegel</td><td valign="top">Hans-Jürgen</td><td valign="top">KpLt.01.04.43</td><td valign="top">16.06.1917</td><td valign="top">02.07.1944</td><td valign="top">U-46. 2WO.(12.39-03.41). U-140. Cdr.(04.41-03.42). U-96. Cdr.(03.42-03.43). U-543+ Cdr.(04.43-07.44)
    birthplace Berlin-Wilmersdorf
    lost S.W.of Tenerife
    serial/entry Crew Of 1936
    awards Knights Cross.03.02.44.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

Eric-Jan,

Hello, FANTASTIC !!! Many thanks for the info. I bought this sword along with some other daggers etc.. a couple of weeks ago out of a old time collection and just knew by how ornate the sword was with all of the engravings and such, that it had to be to someone famous. What makes this really interesting, is that, I also own Lehmann-Willenbrocks sword and dagger along with his Knight's Cross document. Willenbrock was also the Comannder of the U-96, before being promoted to the head of the 9th Floatilla. Outstanding. I wonder if there is any photographs of Hellriegel in any book or Postcards, etc...

Regards, Grant

Comment

Hello Grant
        This is the guy you may be looking for
        http://www.uboat.net/men/hellriegel.htm

Regards Ian

Comment

Thats a very helpfull site...

Comment

Grant,
            Here's a little more from the KM list.
            Any chance we could see Willenbrock's RK document? That's one I'd love to have!
            Best,
            Leroy
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X