Sub Badge Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub Badge Help

Does anyone please recognize who this is made by?

Thanks.

Brian
    Attached Files

Here is the back of this unmarked sub.
    Attached Files

Comment

eagle closeup
      Attached Files

Comment

clasp closeup
        Attached Files

Comment

pin detail
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brian,

Thats a difficult one IMO. First thought in the direction of Wernstein but than found a badge in my files that I had listed as Foerster & Barth, probaly based upon the pin.

Alltough your badge has a different reverse setup focus on the cannon and the flag almost without a pole, thats a match to your badge and not something I could link to other U-boat badges.

So F&B would be my best guess. Sorry for the poor pictures but its the best I can do.

KR
            Philippe
            Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
              Attached Files

Comment

What about FO or Souval as a maker, didn't they use a needle pin ? Orth with a ? catch and Souval with a wire catch on plates. There a few naughty ones out there with this set up.

I sent George Stimson my fake or I'd show you a pic of it for future reference.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

"fo" does have a very simliar design, also on the obverse, but Philippe is right, that "bearded" flag is quite unique to Foerster & Barth U-Boats. The other details are a match as well. Any other views?

Cheers, Frank
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

Definitely not f.o. though some f.o. do have the beard, but the centre rib of the laurel leaf on f.o. runs smack into the centre line of the rudder, on this, its off to the right.of the rudder.
                    Wernstein, Souval and F&B all have the same features as the badge illustrated, but only F&B has the short horizontal strock on the gun which represents the gun barrel, so the obverse seems to be a perfect match for F&B.

Deumer and Glaser &Sohn also used the same obverse design but I don't have any clear close up shots of these, so can't rule them out, though they usually have horizontal pins like f.o.

So far I'd say it looks like F&B with a variant pin.

Comment

Here's Marcus' badge.
                      Attached Files
                      George

Comment

Reverse.
                        Attached Files
                        George

Comment

Here is the LDO packet it came in. I've been studying Marcus' post and am now quite sure this packet is legitimate.

I've noticed from his post some very very minute differences in the letters.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse again.
                            Attached Files
                            George

Comment

Some differences between the fake George posted and mine. Here's a top view, those are my cotton gloves...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X