Submarine silver clasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submarine silver clasp

I just wanted to share with you all my latest purchase from Detlev's friday auction. After a long tought (1 min. is already too much with Detlev) I have decided to invest some money and buy this beautiful and ultrarare clasp.
    Do you like it? I know that the silver clasp was approved and distributed from the summer of 1944 and there are only few of them around.
    I'd like anyhow to learn more: how many of them were awarded, who are the producers, who are the famous people which received one ....and so on.
    WHO CAN TEACH ME SOMETHING?
    Cheers
    Attached Files

It is a great looking clasp. This was one of the very few originals that I have seen for a while. Had I not had one I would have been ringing Detlev's bell as soon as I spotted it. You sure have a keeper.

Comment

Is there any idea of how many of them are around? How many were distributed?

Comment

Approx. 400 were awarded.

Chris

Comment

I'm sure there were a lot more than 400 awarded. Horst Bredow at the U-Archiv talks about the silver being far more being liberally awarded than the bronze and there are loads of photos in the Archiv files of them being worn.

Many of the surviving vets rate thier bronze clasps much more highly than the silver.

Comment

Hi Gordon,

do you know how much more thann 400 ?

chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X