need help on this badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help on this badge

please help advise, Is it original or just a fake one?

Originally posted by ckkyt003 View Post

please help advise, Is it original or just a fake one?
    Reverse pic would help. So far looks promising.

Comment

here is the back

and could you help to check the maker of it please?

Comment

That's a Souval copy, the catch is the give away.

Comment

Originally posted by kokstok View Post
          That's a Souval copy, the catch is the give away.
          Yepper.

Comment

thank you guys above. Could you give some more knowledge about the problem? Is it a total fake badge or just the catch was made to be like Souval maker?

Thanks indeed

Comment

thank you guys above. Could you give some more knowledge about the problem? Is it a total fake badge or just the catch was made to be like Souval maker?

Thanks indeed
              you dont need one. my good sir. post war crap.to fool the GI. and the british troops post 45

Comment

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

This catch indicates Souval post-war production (mid 50s onwards from what I've heard) - pure and simple.

Regards
                  Mike
                  Regards
                  Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
                    This catch indicates Souval post-war production (mid 50s onwards from what I've heard) - pure and simple.

Regards
                    Mike
                    souval was a good conman.soon after the war ended.he relised the GI ect .wanted a war souvenir.so being an enterprising conman used his original dies in hand.are made new ones??? not wanting any comeback to himself.he stoped using his maker mark and catch???? so the badges would not lead back to him. and this was just months after ww2

Comment

Originally posted by wh014d4394 View Post
                      souval was a good conman.soon after the war ended.he relised the GI ect .wanted a war souvenir.so being an enterprising conman used his original dies in hand.are made new ones??? not wanting any comeback to himself.he stoped using his maker mark and catch???? so the badges would not lead back to him. and this was just months after ww2
                      Thanks Jimmy, would u like to post some photos of the an original souval example, so we could see the difference.

Regards

Comment

sure my good sir.the reason souval did not put mm ect.on his crap.was his wish not to get 12 months in the pan if caught
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks Jimmy

yes, it's quite funny that souval modified his design post war. hmm, besides some difference in details, there are also two obvious differences on the eagle wings (the wings of the fake attached on the circle of leaves) and the head of the boat (real one is out of the circle while the fake is inside. Is the fake one shy ).

Comment

http://www.ww2medalsbadgesandinsigni...-Combat-Badges

Is the one in the middle quite similar to the fake one?

Comment

http://www.ww2medalsbadgesandinsigni...-Combat-Badges

Is the one in the middle quite similar to the fake one?

i cant see how to to view the reverse of these badges

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X