Weitze Mint Bacqueville Badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weitze Mint Bacqueville Badges

Is it just me, or do all those mint Bacqueville badges on Weitze's update today make you go ... hmmmm .....

You don;t see these at all in mint condition. Now suddenly 1 of almost every KM badge in one update
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I cant comment on originality: ill leave that to the experts but the aux cruiser looks OK

perhaps he brought an entire collection?

I have a bacqueville aux cruiser: weitze has his for 550 euro: i had no idea they commanded a price like that. or is that over the top pricing?>

Comment

Bacqueville in general makes me go hmmm...

Comment

Bacqueville badges, now having been confirmed as original pieces are extreemly collectable. In fact they are scarse verging on rare. It took me 25 years to get a U-Boat badge. I turned one down in 1980, thinking uumm. So I think eros 550.00 was not out of the way for a bacqueville aux cruiser.

Comment

I must have missed a thread. Where was it confirmed that they are originals?
            pseudo-expert

Comment

It has been confirmed that they were found in the French Naval offices in Paris. This was as early as 1947.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNZ View Post
                I cant comment on originality: ill leave that to the experts but the aux cruiser looks OK

perhaps he brought an entire collection?

I have a bacqueville aux cruiser: weitze has his for 550 euro: i had no idea they commanded a price like that. or is that over the top pricing?>
                Yes, he did. Paul Hogle at Lakesidetrader has some nice French-made naval badges also.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WARLORD View Post
                  Bacqueville badges, now having been confirmed as original pieces are extreemly collectable. In fact they are scarse verging on rare. It took me 25 years to get a U-Boat badge. I turned one down in 1980, thinking uumm. So I think eros 550.00 was not out of the way for a bacqueville aux cruiser.

These are not for my collection. For 550€ you could get a really nice tombak Schwerin/Berlin piece, which is not questionable. I would not buy these dreadful badges...

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by WARLORD View Post
                    It has been confirmed that they were found in the French Naval offices in Paris. This was as early as 1947.
                    Confirmed how?
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

By witness. This in my new book.

Comment

Witness testimony is universally the least accurate of information out there, especially if it is some 65-85 year old guy. I hope you have a period pic to back it up.
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

S&L 1st Pattern E-boat badges

Same with the 1st pattern S&L e-boat badges. They are now in books stating them to be original but I was always taught and was told by many collectors for years that only Schwerin was the sole manufacturer of 1st pattern E-boat badges. I do not know if anyone actually has photograghic evidence that the S&L badges did exsist pre-1945 or have veteran proof? Perhaps there is a thread somewhere here on the forum. As for me I own a 1st Pattern by Schwerin and have no interest in ever acquiring or owning a S&L example. Some believe some don't
                          Steve M.

Comment

I have a boxed Bacqueville U-Boot Badge that I aquired from a WAC in my town.It was given to her at the end of the war by a admirer,the inside lid of the box has written on it german submarine officers pin.I also have a 1st pattern eboat badge and aux cruser from vet lots so I have no problem with these being wartime produced.Jay Parisi
                            Attached Files

Comment

KM badges

Originally posted by Steve Mezey View Post
                              Same with the 1st pattern S&L e-boat badges. They are now in books stating them to be original but I was always taught and was told by many collectors for years that only Schwerin was the sole manufacturer of 1st pattern E-boat badges. I do not know if anyone actually has photograghic evidence that the S&L badges did exsist pre-1945 or have veteran proof? Some believe some don't
                              Steve M.
                              Hi Steve,
                              I obtained in the mid 1970's a 1st pattern S-boat by S&L. It did come from a veteran source (a good friend of one of my great-uncles, my 2nd pattern mint Schwerin Bwelrin U-boat badge came from him too). The badges were just simply given to me (BTW, the vet was at Cherbourg). I don't doubt them at all.

Regards,
                              Jody

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X