Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writing an article about the KM Destroyer Badge

Guys,

I'm writing an article for the Military Advisor about the Kriegsmarine Destroyer Badge. As with the last several articles, I would love to see all near mint, or not so mint examples out there. If you would like to submit your badge, I need the following information:

1. Large, clear color photos. (at least 1024x768)

2. The following measurements in mm (to 1/10 of a mm):
    height, width, eagle width, eagle height, hinge width, length from hinge to catch, weight in grams (to 1/10th of a gram).

All assistance with this article would be very welcome, and proper credit will be given.

Yuri

Hi Yuri,

I do hope you already received some more reactions to your question than what I can see here.

Would love to help you but just two questions:

Do you need pictures or would a good scan do too.

Where do I send them, can't post this dimention on the forum, and I don't think I can attach something to an e-mail I would send you using the forum link in your Profile.

KR
    Philippe

Comment

Philippe,

Scans are OK, but I need angle shots of the catch and the hinge also if possible.

Please send information to ydesyatnik@sbcglobal.net.

Yuri

Comment

Ok Yuri I'll work on it tonight and e-mail you everything.

KR
        Philippe

Comment

Yuri,

I only have these two left; a marked Schwerin and an unmarked GWL, both in tombak. Let me know.
          Tim
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Tim Ball; 09-26-2003, 02:36 AM.

Comment

The Military Advisor

I am really looking forward to your article in TMA, Yuri. The articles about the Infantry Assault Badge are absolutely excellent. Will there be a part 3?
            If I had had anything about the Destroyer badge, I would have sent it to you with pleasure.

Comment

Thank you for all your responses. So far I have the following makers:

Schwerin in Tombak
              L/18 (zinc)
              S.H. u. Co.
              JFS
              GWL
              L/21
              Friedrich Orth
              Steinhauer & Luck

I need the following:

Schwerin in zinc
              C.E. Juncker
              Godet (21 in a rectangle)
              Roudolf Souval (both angled and round letters)
              Baqueville

Or any others not on this list or that are unusual

Please provide the above dimensions for the article. If you do not have the proper measuring instruments, you can send me your badge so I can perform the measurements myself and take good photos. Your badge is guaranteed to be returned promptly and in the same condition as I received it

Thank you again,

Yuri

Comment

Baqueville.
                Attached Files

Comment

Baqueville-Reverse.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yuri,

Is this just the badge or an example or two of the paperwork?
                    To one guy I have the recomendation and award citation......

/Ian
                    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

I would love to get any material that I can. This badge is very significant in the Kriegsmarine series, and this article will be very informative, not only for collectors, but historically as well.

Yuri

Comment

Bill,

I need larger images with a dark or a white background. I also need measurements and weights for the article.

Thanks,

Yuri

Comment

Hi Yuri,
                          I would love to help out,but I don't have a scale.Where can I get one?
                          Ray

Comment

Ray,

Any jewler supply store has them for sale, or you can find them online. Digital scales are the ones you want and they should be accurate to 1/10 of a gram. All collectors in this hobby should have both scales and calipers.

Yuri

Comment

Hi Yuri,

If you still need data for a Schwerin zincer, let me know.

Regards
                              Mike K
                              Regards
                              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X