schwerin blockade breakers question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

schwerin blockade breakers question

firstly sorry no pics yet but on there way. my questions are that my blockade badge pin is held at the top by the catch soldered square on not sideways as i say. the eagle wing gap is cut out square as are the other eagle surrounds.seven portholes on row three.excesse silver/white paint on eagle around head area.comes in blue case with blue velvet and a 9mm stick pin.any one with any pics out there or other pointers to look for that i have missed...thankyou in advance...chris

Help Chris out

Hope Chris dosn't mind me chipping in to his post, but as i sold it to him,i want him to be happy and reassured its 100%.I've already had it given the on german uniforms a while back( before i defected to this site). It was aquired direct from the person who brought it back, and who is known to me, so i know its fine, have posted pics for you to provide your opnion to Chris. I'm sure many of you will know that its the rarer boxed set with the 9mm, and not as is more commonly seen with the 25mm version.
    Originally posted by chris clark
    firstly sorry no pics yet but on there way. my questions are that my blockade badge pin is held at the top by the catch soldered square on not sideways as i say. the eagle wing gap is cut out square as are the other eagle surrounds.seven portholes on row three.excesse silver/white paint on eagle around head area.comes in blue case with blue velvet and a 9mm stick pin.any one with any pics out there or other pointers to look for that i have missed...thankyou in advance...chris
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

When I first read Chris's post I had no idea what he was talking about! How an image or two makes a difference. Looks like a 100% genuine ZINC badge in exceptionally good condition - standard hinge/pin/catch for a zinc badge. Is it a steel pinned version?

Regards
      Mike K
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

yes steel pin.just checked it

Comment

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on a nice original badge in very good condition.

Compare it to my zinker that suffered a littel more during the last 60 years.

KR
          Philippe
          Attached Files

Comment

And here is the reverse with catch on a base plate and non magnetic pin.

Also the maker mark on mine is typical for zink badges I think your badge is probably still made of a better material and still features the Tombac maker mark.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Philippe DB; 09-15-2003, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X