Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schwerin Destroyer --- Minty ... but ouch for price !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwerin Destroyer --- Minty ... but ouch for price !

On an update today. Wow, to bad about the exchange rate. $950 US is a tad rich for me
    Attached Files

Is that his bargain price?

Robert

Comment

Must be.....

Comment

Prices are getting wayout of hand across the board these days, where will it all stop you have to ask. Too much for me now.

Comment

Originally posted by mrg View Post
          Prices are getting wayout of hand across the board these days, where will it all stop you have to ask. Too much for me now.
          As long as there are some people that are willing to pay any price, it will only get worse. If everyone would just refuse to pay these ridiculous prices, the market would soon return to normalcy. I love this hobby... but not enough that I will pay these ridiculous prices. There is absolutely nothing that I need that bad. Original items can still be obtained for reasonable and even bargain prices. You just have to look and be patient.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

For us in the U.S. it has more to do with the exchange rate. If the Euro to $ was 1-1 who would be complaining?
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
              For us in the U.S. it has more to do with the exchange rate. If the Euro to $ was 1-1 who would be complaining?
              The exchange rate is definitely a big part of the problem. Until the U.S. Dollar does a turnaround, I cannot see myself buying much out of Europe.
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
                The exchange rate is definitely a big part of the problem. Until the U.S. Dollar does a turnaround, I cannot see myself buying much out of Europe.
                Except for the fact this dealer is in Canada. Appears everyone is raising the price to stay up with the Euro. Like you say, regardless, we are on the wrong side of the Atlantic.

Comment

He may be in Canada but he probably gets alot of his stuff from Europe.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                    He may be in Canada but he probably gets alot of his stuff from Europe.
                    I wonder how that "partnership" works. He sets the price or Detlev?

950 US ~ 620 Euros.

That seems even a tad high for Detlev ....

Comment

Or perhaps he just gets COAs which list a value. Either way he has to add a mark up to make a living.
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

The hobby is becoming out of hand. There are still collectors out there who sell to other collectors at "collector" prices. I was fortunate enough to purchase some pieces in the last few months where the sellers kept the prices in check. They could have sold the pieces for more, but sold them at generally whay they paid. I wouldn't spend 1K on a destroyer..period.

Comment

Original items can still be obtained for reasonable and even bargain prices. You just have to look and be patient.

Best regards,
                          Tom
                          Tom,

i agree.I thought i would not buy from Europe myself anymore but i just purchased an excellent looking and somewhat rare Forester & Barth Hilfskreuzer badge,of single piece construction from a dealer in Germany for 350 Euro.I considered it a very fair price and the badge is in superb condition for a zinc example.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Original items can still be obtained for reasonable and even bargain prices. You just have to look and be patient.

Best regards,
                            Tom
                            Tom, you hit the nail on the head. If you think about it, this hobby is a lot like the stock market. You want to buy the stock because you feel it is going higher, but in the back of your mind you also know that in the short term it's probably going lower so you MUST show patience to buy at the lower price. Same here, you see a piece that you really want, but the price gets you thinking!!!??? Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X