A Few More Made Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few More Made Land

Well, the 2 badges i've also been waiting for docked today.

1st is a Schwerin Coastal Artillery
    2nd is an unmarked General Assault Badge

I've also included a photo of the reverse side of the Scwerin HSF theat came in. The bottom catch had been resottered. Which was done very well. Even though all these have some small age flaws, the prices were rock bottom. Havn't paid more than $275 for any badge. All in all, assembling my badge collection cost very little, in the big scheme of collecting. Based on the finances right now, I need to be careful and shop around, to find them at the best possible prices. Great badges can be had for minimal amounts of money, but one needs to be very quick while viewing the for sale section in all the forums. When you see one at a good price, there is not time to debate it. Buy it, and worry about paying off the credit card or paypal account later. When they come along, its far and few between.

As always, the badges get a very quick and light bath in a homemade "sudsy amonia" and a light brushing from a soft tooth brush. They are immediately rinsed, then dried, and quickly a good coat of museum garde wax is applied. The wax is buffed out, then into the display frame.

Anyway, here they are. I'm very happy with my new area of collecting. Badges!

Tom
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SwordFish; 02-28-2008, 02:26 PM.

Thank you to Mike, Gary, and Van for these 3 latest additions.
    Attached Files

Comment

All of the badges.."so happy together"
      Attached Files

Comment

General Assault.
        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse side.
          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse of HSF Schwerin that docked yesterday.
            Attached Files

Comment

The display, proudly hangs on the wall. Frame came from Michaels arts and crafts for a whopping $19.99.

Thank you to my fellow members who have provided insight and guidance for my badge collecting adventure.
              Attached Files

Comment

A couple more individual photos, filtering a tad bit of light, really makes the color come out on these.
                Attached Files

Comment

Coastal.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Auxillery. Not much color left on this one though.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sweeper.
                      Attached Files

Comment

No problem with the Juncker Artillery badge,a nice tombak example.Your collection appears to be growing just fine.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

I really like the way you have them displayed. Do you have it wall mounted and if you do, how are they attached in the back? Regards, Ron.

Comment

Thank you friends for the kind words.

I have it wall mounted.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by SwordFish; 02-28-2008, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I display the EKs the same way. I find it's a better use of space. I like the display stands collectors use to display each individual cross and badge, but you still need a flat, encased surface to display them. This way, they receive protection, and are still easy to view in the display.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X