CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Seas Fleet Badge offered to me, worth $375?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Seas Fleet Badge offered to me, worth $375?

Hello Everyone,

I have been offered this High Seas Fleet Badge, I am not yet into collecting KM badges, but this seems like a pretty good deal. I know the pictures are not the greatest, but is this badge original? What should I look for if I do decide to buy it?

If anything I would like to make money or maybe trade it, would $375 be a good price? and would it be easy to turn around and sell. The condition looks very good and the maker is: Adolf Bock schwerin-Berlin

All opinions are appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by Rylan; 07-17-2008, 03:35 AM.

I agree on two points:

a. The pictures are bad.
    b. The price is very low if this badge is real.

That being said, even though the pics are fuzzy, I can't see anything that raises alarm bells. However, whether it's $100 or $800, I would shell out a dime without better pictures.

If it is real, it's the steal of the year. If he can't offer better pictures and guarantees a return policy, it would be worth a chance IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
      I agree on two points:

a. The pictures are bad.
      b. The price is very low if this badge is real.

That being said, even though the pics are fuzzy, I can't see anything that raises alarm bells. However, whether it's $100 or $800, I would shell out a dime without better pictures.

If it is real, it's the steal of the year. If he can't offer better pictures and guarantees a return policy, it would be worth a chance IMO.
      Hello Darrell,

Thanks for your reply, this fellow has 3 german ww2 related items in total. I have had the other 2 looked over:
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...70#post2490670
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=274016

The other 2 appear to be original, and they are both for a very fair price. I will be going to his home and I just asked him to guarentee that the items are original.

I think I will jump on this badge too, any pointers on what to look for when I have the badge in my hand? Any links or other info is appreciated. I will study up on this badge just to make sure.

Cheers,
      Rylan

Comment

Rylan,

I can't comment on those items as I have no expertise at all with that line.

Here is a HSF badge I own. However, there are a few variations, all with small differences in detail. Maybe the best thing to take away at this point is to study the reverse hardware. For Schwerin, they were usually pretty much the same.

Obv.
        Attached Files

Comment

Rev.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the photos Darrell!

I will study the photos you have provided, and I guess I should look over the fake section as well.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi Ryan,

The pics are pretty terrible but I can see no alarms bells either - it appears to be a tombak example in very good condition and these days the price would be a bargain for that condition. If you have return rights organised, I'd go for it.

Regards
              Mike
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by RylanBrissette View Post
                Thanks for the photos Darrell!

I will study the photos you have provided, and I guess I should look over the fake section as well.

Cheers!
                Can't go wrong with that approach

Comment

It looks really nice. If it turns out to be a legitimate piece, for that price and condition, you did well. A nice conditioned HSF just blows every other Kriegs award out of the water.

Comment

I see no problems with this badge, good price IMO...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                    X