Unmarked UBoat badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked UBoat badge

Opinions on this badge ? A Schwerin type ?
    All the best
    giorgio
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Giorgio,

probably a late tombak Schwerin.Recent discussion at GMIC also speculates that these badges with the long pin could have been produced by Steinhauer & Luch
      An illustration from an S&L cataolog,courtesy of GW,

Regards,Martin.
      Attached Files

Comment

The head is more a Schwerin-head !
        So Martin I will go along with your late tombak Schwerin - without a probably.

yours
        Eric-Jan

Comment

Hello,

Indeed a period badge with correct catch for a late tombak Schwerin with cutout swastika. Nice badge.

William Kramer
          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Eric-Jan,

without any conclusive evidence in regards to the S&L theory,i admit i have to agree with you.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

In my opinion a late tombak Schwerin. Also IMO this is not a S&L produced badge as the badge itself is made from a Schwerin die therefore produced by Schwerin. It may have an S&L style pin and be shown in a catalogue but I can not see how you can make the jump that the badge is produced by S&L. The best one can assume is that either Schwerin obtained some pins from S&L or the supplier to S&L for a certain production run and reversed the hinge to accomodate these which makes the pin stick out of the bottom or that Schwerin supplied the badge and some fitments to S&L for them to retail.

Out of interest the picture shown in the catalogue IMO is not that of the later tombak type badge which has this style reversed hinge and "long" pin but of the earlier type commonly found with the wire catch
              Last edited by rhudspith; 12-12-2007, 02:43 AM.
              Regards, Rob
              Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Westley View Post
                Hi Giorgio,

probably a late tombak Schwerin.Recent discussion at GMIC also speculates that these badges with the long pin could have been produced by Steinhauer & Luch
                An illustration from an S&L cataolog,courtesy of GW,

Regards,Martin.
                Hi Martin
                There is a resemblance between the real badge and the one printed on the envelope . For the present we can only speculate lacking any reliable reference . For all we know , as it happened with Deumer , a catalogue showing another typology might turn up sooner or later .
                IMO the S&L's Ubadges style is a question still unresolved .
                regards
                giorgio

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X