AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unmarked Hilfskreuzer-Abzeichen opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unmarked Hilfskreuzer-Abzeichen opinion?

Picked this up off a trusted friend and collector few months back and he states this was in his possession since 1952. In inother thread someone has stated this badge has been repainted.

Any opinions?

Think pictures are bit bright and not best representation as background should be black but its best images I can take

Hi.

I'm the one that said that this badge might have been repainted and would like to have it up for discussion..

First of.. in your thread you said that this is a 2 piece construction badge, but it looks like one piece to me. Can you take a picture with the pin up?
    If this is a 2 piece badge, then I don't think that there would be any grey colour on the golden.

I also think that the golden colour is to thick.
    Have you tried to remove some of the colour with some nail polish?

I might be totally wrong here, but it would be nice to hear what other people have to say.

regards,
    Andre

Comment

Hi less bright pictures with reduced flash or natural light may help.

Comment

Andre makes some good points here, esp about it being a one piece.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Here are few more pictures, sorry its best I can do. Quite unsure how one can state its a one piece with pictures given in last post, however rivet is present and you can see a seam in top of globe profile . Could repaint opinion be mistaken for detail manufacture of badge as I have seen much worse (view Ruptured Ducks maker marked version)?

Sorry I cannot use nail varnish remover on the finish as it would be a serious infraction. I do lightly put thin layer of Renaissance wax on all my awards and decorations.

This is taken from my display case

Last edited by Gebhi; 12-02-2007, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Hi Gebhi,

IMO this is a zinc badge of one piece construction.I'm sorry but i cannot see the rivet in the pictures you have provided.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

I agree.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Thanks guys for your coments

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X