Conclusions in the last year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John,
    That is wonderful. Thank you. And if nobody has said it recently, thank you again for all of your hard work on the KM forum.
    JAndrew

(And certainly Norm, Bubba and others make this one of the best forums on the site)

Comment

Thanks, and looking at the threads I added this one, even though it is a duplicate of one above it, making it clearer about conclusions and findings over the previous year.

John

Comment

Another link for this thread of "discoveries", the "Deumer" zinc Blockade Breaker:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=595467

Best regards,
        ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
          Another link for this thread of "discoveries", the "Deumer" zinc Blockade Breaker:
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=595467

Best regards,
          ---Norm
          Done, thanks Norm.

John

Comment

Hi John,

I haven't been following the KM badges as much as before. Several years ago, I remember Bill Stump once speculated that these "thick necked" Schwerin were actually fake. I don't remember what that was based on then but, can we dispel that claim now and consider all of these legit?

I would tend to support the S & L idea on those that match the period catalogs. A "possibility" could be those pieces were thought to be Schwerin, due to the similarities and prior to the catalogs coming to light, and they were readily accepted as such by collectors. Somewhere along the line, some of those items got matched up into "Schwerin" sets??

Just thinking, based on other things seen in this hobby.

Tim

Comment

Great info thread

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Tim B. View Post
                Hi John,

I haven't been following the KM badges as much as before. Several years ago, I remember Bill Stump once speculated that these "thick necked" Schwerin were actually fake. I don't remember what that was based on then but, can we dispel that claim now and consider all of these legit?

I would tend to support the S & L idea on those that match the period catalogs. A "possibility" could be those pieces were thought to be Schwerin, due to the similarities and prior to the catalogs coming to light, and they were readily accepted as such by collectors. Somewhere along the line, some of those items got matched up into "Schwerin" sets??

Just thinking, based on other things seen in this hobby.

Tim
                Stump was wrong on that call assuming we are talking about the same badge. He might have been discussing a badge that was a fake with a "thick neck" but the "thick neck" examples we have in this thread are period based on the timeline and other factors, such as reverse hardware.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=264589

This thread is nothing new, it is from more than 4 years ago.

Tim, in regards to the badge I thought might be S&L, I guess collector opinion now is that it is a Schwerin.

John
                Last edited by John R.; 06-16-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X